ABOUT THE TOOLKIT
The SDAO Board Member Recruitment Toolkit is designed to assist you with recruiting board members to run for open board positions or fill vacancies. We have developed several sample materials for you to use to assemble a recruitment package to be given to interested individuals. Links to these resources can be found below.
Many of these materials have been created in Microsoft Word and can be personalized by inserting your district name, logo, or letterhead and filling in the information pertinent to your district within the body of the text. Under the Sample Recruitment Packages heading are two sample packages that you can use as a guide when creating your district's recruitment materials.
We have also put together materials for board member orientation. After an individual is selected or elected, you can use these resources to introduce them to the district and their new role.
If you have any questions about this toolkit or accessing these resources, please contact SDAO Member Services at 800-285-5461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish you luck with your future recruitments!
- Recruitment Checklist (Word)
- Sample Press Release - Vacancy (Word)
- Sample Press Release - Election (Word)
RECRUITMENT PACKAGE TEMPLATES
- Sample Recruitment Package Cover Letter (Word)
- Sample District Information (Word)
- What is a Special District? Brochure (PDF)
- Special District Fact Sheets (Link)
- Why Would I Want to Become a Board Member? (Word)
- How Do I Become a Board Member? (Word)
- What Does a Board Member Do? (Word)
- Board Member Application (Word)
SAMPLE RECRUITMENT PACKAGE
These sample recruitment packages will give you an idea of how your recruitment materials could look!
- Sample Water District Recruitment Package - Board Vacancy (PDF)
- Sample Water District Recruitment Package - Upcoming Election (PDF)