SDAO and BIO-MED Testing Services have developed two customized programs to assist SDAO members participating in the SDIS property casualty program in developing and maintaining an effective drug-free workplace and conducting pre-employment screenings through criminal history background checks.
- Contact SDAO Member Services at email@example.com or 800-285-5461 with your name, district name, and email address to receive more information about the program.
Drug Free Workplace Program
Whether your district has conducted drug and alcohol testing for years or is just now thinking of implementing a program, BIO-MED’s staff can assist you in policy development, labor negotiations, education, and district specific procedures for drug and alcohol testing. Testing facilities are located throughout Oregon making it easy to send your employees and volunteers in for drug and/or alcohol testing. BIO-MED also has access to mobile testing services. This program is for both non-DOT staff (not required to carry a commercial drivers license) and for DOT staff (required to carry a commercial drivers license).
SDIS member fees for the program are:
- Set up fee paid by SDIS: $50.00
- Non-DOT testing fee: $35.00 – $42.00
- DOT compliance testing fees are based upon the number of safety-sensitive positions your district has
SDIS will pay for the first five drug and alcohol tests that your district conducts in a calendar year. BIO-MED will bill SDIS for these five tests and then bill your district for any additional tests conducted each year.
Criminal History Background Check Program
This program is for national criminal history background checks and can be used for both employees and volunteers. Background checks can be accessed through BIO-MED on the internet or by fax. Inquiry results will be returned the same day. BIO-MED also has materials and information that will help your district be compliant while conducting background checks.
Background checks are conducted from a national database that collects information from:
• State Court Repositories
• State Administrative Office of the Courts (AOCs)
• Departments of Correction (DOCs)
• County Court Records
• Traffic Court Records
• State Level Sex Offender Registries
• Probation, Parole and Community Service Records
SDAO member fees for the program are:
• $29.00 per background check
SDAO will pay for the first five criminal history background checks that your district conducts in a calendar year. BIO-MED will bill SDAO for these five checks and then bill your district for any additional checks conducted each year.