SDIS Best Practices Program
Your district can receive up to a 10% discount on your 2023 general liability, auto liability and property insurance premiums.
DEADLINE: November 3, 2023
How to Complete the Survey!
- Sign in at www.sdis.org
- Then, click on Insurance located on the left
- Next, click on Best Practices located on the left
- Click Take Survey
- Once in the survey, check all of the applicable boxes. After you have completed, click Save at the top right of the screen.
After clicking Save, the survey has been submitted. If you refresh the survey and the boxes are still checked, we have the information. Did you forget to check a box or later complete a requirement? No worries. You can come back and edit the survey all the way until the November 3rd deadline.
The SDIS Best Practices Program was designed to assist special districts with implementing best practices to mitigate risk in areas of high exposure. Your district can receive up to a 10% credit on 2024 general liability, auto liability, and property insurance contributions. There are five opportunities to earn 2% towards your total discount.
These opportunities include the following:
1. Affiliate Organization Membership | Credit: 2%
You will receive a 2% credit for being a member of any of the following affiliated organizations:
• Cemetery Association of Oregon
• Oregon APCO-NENA
• Oregon Association of Chiefs of Police
• Oregon Association of Clean Water Agencies
• Oregon Association of Conservation Districts
• Oregon Association of Hospitals/Health Systems
• Oregon Association of Water Utilities
• Oregon Economic Development District Association
• Oregon Fire Chiefs Association
• Oregon Fire District Directors Association
• Oregon Library Association
• Oregon Mosquito & Vector Control Association
• Oregon People’s Utility Districts Association
• Oregon PRIMA
• Oregon Public Ports Association
• Oregon Recreation and Park Association
• Oregon Rural Health Association
• Oregon Transit Association
• Oregon Water Resources Congress
2. Emergency Preparedness Plan | Credit: 2%
In order to receive the 2% credit, your district must have an adopted plan in place in regards to emergency preparedness. Sample policy listed here...
3. Emergency Plan Checklist | Credit: 2%
To receive credit in this category, you must complete the self-evaluation checklist that is available within the Best Practices Survey. The survey will open online in the spring and an announcement will be sent out to notify members once it opens.
4. SDAO/SDIS Vector solutions Training | Credit: 2%
At least one (1) representative of the district must complete the online training provided by Vector Solutions called Safety Management: Emergency Action Plans.
SDAO uses Vector Solutions (SafePersonnel edition) to facilitate the online training program. Trainings are not accessible through the SDAO website. A personalized training website is created for each member district to access the training library and take online courses. If your district does not already have a training website set up through this program, please contact SDAO Member Services to get started. You can call us at 800-285-5461 or send an email with your name, district, and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send your information to Vector Solutions to get started.
5. Emergency Management Plan Training | Credit: 2%
At least one (1) representative of the district must review the business preparedness three-step plan on the Oregon Department of Emergency Management website. Each of the following steps must be reviewed: before disaster strikes, when disaster occurs and after the disaster.
You can access this plan online at:
To receive credit, a district representative must complete the Best Practices Survey (located online on the SDIS Insurance Site) and click the Save button at the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Credit will only be awarded in a category when a box within that section is checked. If you cannot answer “yes” to at least one question within that category, credit will not be recorded. Your district will be notified by email this spring when the survey becomes available online. The survey must be submitted by a district representative who will verify completion of the credit requirements within the survey. Training credits taken by members are not automatically updated in the Best Practices Survey and must be manually checked off by the member. Please note, each district is responsible for completing their own survey online. The deadline to complete the survey is Nov. 3, 2023.
If you have any questions regarding the Best Practices Program or need help completing it online,
please contact Jaime Keeling at email@example.com or 800.285.5461 ext. 122.