2021 SDIS Best Practices Program
Receive up to a 10% discount on your general liability, auto liability, and property insurance contributions for your district.
Complete the Survey! **NOW OPEN**
- Sign in at www.sdis.org
- Then, click on Insurance located on the left
- Next, click on Best Practices located on the left
- Click Take Survey
- Once in the survey, check all of the applicable boxes. After you have completed, click Save at the top right of the screen.
After clicking Save, the survey has been submitted. If you refresh the survey and the boxes are still checked, we have the information. Did you forget to check a box or later complete a requirement? No worries. You can come back and edit the survey all the way until the November 5th deadline.
The SDIS Best Practices Program was designed to assist districts with implementing best practices to mitigate risk in areas of high exposure. This year’s program offers each district up to a 10% credit on 2022 general liability, auto liability, and property insurance contributions by completing requirements in five credit categories.
To receive credit, a district representative must complete the Best Practices Survey (located online on the SDIS Insurance Site) and click the Save button at the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Credit will only be awarded in a category when a box within that section is checked. If you cannot answer “yes” to at least one question within that category, credit will not be recorded. Your district will be notified by email this spring when the survey becomes available online. The survey must be submitted by a district representative who will verify completion of the credit requirements within the survey. Training credits taken by members are not automatically updated in the Best Practices Survey and must be manually checked off by the member. Please note, each district is responsible for completing their own survey online. The deadline to complete the survey is Nov. 5, 2021.
1. Affiliate Organization Membership – Credit: 2%
You will receive a 2% credit for being a member of any of the following affiliated organizations:
- Cemetery Association of Oregon
- Oregon APCO-NENA
- Oregon Association of Chiefs of Police
- Oregon Association of Clean Water Agencies
- Oregon Association of Conservation Districts
- Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems
- Oregon Association of Water Utilities
- Oregon Economic Development District Association
- Oregon Fire Chiefs Association
- Oregon Fire District Directors Association
- Oregon Library Association
- Oregon Mosquito and Vector Control Association
- Oregon People’s Utility Districts Association
- Oregon PRIMA
- Oregon Public Ports Association
- Oregon Recreation and Park Association
- Oregon Rural Health Association
- Oregon Transit Association
- Oregon Water Resources Congress
As we have several district types, this is not a comprehensive list. If you have any questions, please contact Jaime Keeling at email@example.com.
2. Cybersecurity Risk Mitigation – Credit: 2%
To assist our members with staying committed to protecting data, assets, and employee information, we have worked with Eide Bailley to put together resources to help mitigate your district’s cybersecurity risks.
Your district will receive 2% credit in this category by completing one of the following:
- One board member, staff person or volunteer attend one of five virtual cybersecurity webinars
- One board member, staff person or volunteer attend one of three training sessions on cyber-related topics.
3. Cybersecurity Policy – Credit: 2%
In order to receive the 2% credit, your district must have adopted a cybersecurity policy. If you do not have one in place, click here for a sample policy.
4. Checklist Questions– Credit: 2%
To receive 2% credit in this category, your district must select “yes” to one or more questions on the checklist within the Best Practices Survey. This checklist can be viewed once you have opened the survey.
5. SDAO/SDIS Training – Credit: 2%
You must certify that at least one board member, staff or volunteer has attended (in person or virtually) one of following:
- 2021 SDAO Annual Conference
- 2021 SDAO Regional Training
- An SDAO/SDIS risk management training or management consulting training conducted by SDAO staff during the 2021 policy year
- An SDAO/SDIS online webinar or training
A list of specific courses eligible for the Best Practices credits can be accessed via SDAO’s website at www.sdao.com/trainings. Completing a cybersecurity training provided by Eide Bailly and SDIS will not count for this category.
If you have any questions regarding the Best Practices Program or need help completing it online, please contact Jaime Keeling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.285.5461 ext. 122.