2020 SDIS Best Practices Program
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 6, 2020
Receive up to a 10% discount on your general liability, auto liability, and property insurance contributions for your district.
Complete the Survey! **NOW OPEN**
- Sign in at www.sdis.org
- Then, click on Insurance located on the left
- Next, click on Best Practices located on the left
- Click Take Survey
- Once in the survey, check all of the applicable boxes. After you have completed, click Save at the top right of the screen.
After clicking Save, the survey has been submitted. If you refresh the survey and the boxes are still checked, we have the information. Did you forget to check a box or later complete a requirement? No worries. You can come back and edit the survey all the way until the November 6th deadline.
The SDIS Best Practices Program was designed to assist districts with implementing best practices to mitigate risk in areas of high exposure. This year’s program offers each district up to a 10% credit on 2020 general liability, auto liability, and property insurance contributions by completing requirements in five credit categories.
Completion of the Best Practices Survey (located online on the SDIS Insurance Site) is required to receive credit. The survey should be reviewed with the district’s board of directors and submitted by a district representative. The district representative will verify completion of the credit requirements within the survey.
This year, the program has different requirements based on what your district insures with SDIS:
1. Affiliate Organization Membership – Credit: 2%
You will receive a 2% credit for being a member of any of the following affiliated organizations:
• Oregon Fire District Directors Association
• Oregon Fire Chiefs Association
• Oregon Water Resources Congress
• Oregon Mosquito and Vector Control Association
• Oregon Recreation and Park Association
• Oregon Public Ports Association
• Oregon Association of Clean Water Agencies
• Oregon Association of Conservation Districts
• Cemetery Association of Oregon
• Oregon APCO-NENA
• Oregon Transit Association
• Oregon People’s Utility Districts Association
• Oregon Association of Water Utilities
• Oregon Library Association
• Oregon Economic Development District Association
• Oregon PRIMA
As we have several district types, this is not a comprehensive list. If you are a member of an organization that is not listed above or has qualified in prior years, please contact Jaime Keeling by email at email@example.com or by phone at 800-285-5461 x 122.
2. Harassment Checklist – Credit: 2%
To receive credit in this category, you must complete the harassment checklist available within the Best Practices Survey on the SDIS Insurance Site. To access the Insurance Site, visit (www.sdis.org) and sign in. Next, click the Insurance Site button. If you do not have user access, please contact Member Services at 800.285.5461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
3. Harassment Policy – Credit: 2%
In order to receive the 2% credit, your district must have adopted a harassment policy that includes the new changes in the law. If you do not have one in place, download a sample policy.
4. Online Training – Credit: 2%
To receive credit for this category, you must complete the following online course:
• SDAO Workplace Harassment Training (Click on Extra Training and search "SDAO Workplace Harassment".)
Online trainings are not accessible through the SDAO website. SDAO uses SafePersonnel to facilitate the online training program where a personalized training website is created for each member district to access the training library and take online courses. If your district does not have a training website already set up through this program, please contact SDAO Member Services to get started. You can call us at 800-285-5461 or send an email with your name, district, and email address to Member Services. We will send your information to SafePersonnel.
If your district’s training website has already been created and you need assistance accessing the information, please contact SafePersonnel directly at 800-434-0154.
5. SDAO/SDIS Training – Credit: 2%
One board member or district staff member must attend one SDAO/SDIS webinar, SDAO/SDIS regional training, the 2020 SDAO Annual Conference, or any onsite risk management training conducted by SDAO risk management staff or management consulting staff during the current policy year (2020).
A list of upcoming trainings is available at sdao.com/events