Salary: $85,000 - $95,000 per year DOQ/DOE
Location: Happy Valley, OR
Sunrise Water Authority (SWA) is looking for a licensed professional engineer to serve as a key person in our asset management and capital construction programs. This is a great opportunity to advance your professional career and grow your engineering management skills. You’ll help drive decision-making and resource prioritization amid an aggressive 20-year capital expansion and replacement program.
Sunrise Water Authority serves municipal drinking water to more than 50,000 people in and around Happy Valley (Oregon). We are part of one of the fastest growing communities in the state. We have about 25 full-time staff and are looking to expand those numbers over the next several years. We are also preparing to move into a brand new facility in 2023 that includes a new administrative office building and field operations shop.
· Ideal candidate would have 5-7 years of professional experience and an Oregon PE license (or able to obtain via reciprocity), with at least 3-4 years of experience in design and/or construction administration related to municipal drinking water infrastructure, including reservoirs, pipelines and pump stations.
· Assist in capital project planning and delivery
· Conduct asset management and emergency resiliency planning
· Scheduling and delivery of renewal and replacements projects
· Prepare and review design and bid documents for procurement of construction services
· Review development applications and approve design of new infrastructure
· Manage consulting and construction services related to capital project delivery
· Prepare project related reports, spreadsheets, databases, and technical materials
· Assess fire flow adequacy and delivery capacity throughout the water distribution system
· Able to lead work groups and responsible for team outcomes
· Model superior customer service and professionally represent organization in public
· Licensed professional engineer in Oregon (or able to obtain registration through reciprocity within six months of hire)
· Working knowledge of hydraulic modeling of water distribution systems and related computer platforms (preference given to experience with InfoWater)
· Working knowledge of ArcGIS Online; AutoCad; MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
· Familiarity with codes, regulations and standards related to public drinking water systems
· Valid Oregon Driver’s license and clean driving record
· Successfully pass a drug/alcohol screening and background check
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range is $85,000 to $95,000 per year or higher DOQ/DOE. SWA offers excellent benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 11 paid holidays, short and long-term disability, and 100% employer paid participation in the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
Visit https://www.sunrisewater.com/about-us/employment/ for a complete job description, employment application and instructions on how to apply. Sunrise is an equal opportunity employer. Veteran’s preference applies.
Position is open until filled or withdrawn.