Umatilla County Fire District #1 based in Hermiston, OR provides fire, rescue, and emergency medical services for the citizens of the district, as well as ambulance service to the cities of Echo and Umatilla. The district's full and part-time employees respond to over 4,900 incidents annually from 5 stations.
Photos taken by Nickolas L. Oatley
- Dylan Spence, an EMT-I for Umatilla County Fire District #1, pushes a patient out of her home on a gurney before taking her to the hospital in the ambulance on March 8, 2021.
- Kevin Tassie climbs to the top of Ladder Truck 23 during a training scenario at Station 23’s training tower on June 14, 2021.
- Jeremy Grazier exits the Comfort Inn & Suites after searching the third floor of the hotel.
- Nicklaus Donahue, left, and Tyler Couch, right, extinguish a car on fire during a vehicle fire simulation at Station 23. This training exercise was a part of UCFD1’s Fire Academy for the Resident Intern Program.
- Umatilla County Fire District #1 firefighters rest and drink fluids after putting out a house fire on July 12, 2021.
- Wes Blood, front, kneels down alongside I-82 after putting out a mobile home fire with his crew on March 17, 2021.
- Gaige Phillips walks away from the scene of a vehicle fire alongside I-82 on July 9, 2021.
- Tyler Rock hooks a chain around the frame of a car during vehicle extrication training on January 7, 2021