The National EMS Advisory Council (NEMSAC) will host a hybrid meeting on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, at 1:00 pm ET, and Thursday, February 16, 2023, at 12:00 pm ET for updates on initiatives and innovations, as well as facilitated discussion and public comment. Members of the public are welcome to attend the meeting virtually.
Location: The Royal Sonesta
2121 P St. NW
Washington, DC 20037
Virtual webcast available
NEMSAC meets several times each year to discuss issues facing the EMS community. Members of NEMSAC provide counsel and recommendations regarding EMS to the Federal Interagency Committee on EMS (FICEMS) and the Secretary of the Department of Transportation (DOT) through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Items on the agenda include:
- Updates from OEMS and Federal Partners in EMS
- Updates from the FICEMS Chairperson
- National Roadway Safety Strategy / Post-crash Care Updates
- Subcommittee reports on advisories in progress
- New advisory proposals
- Traffic Incident Management (TIM) updates and innovations
- Facilitated discussion of advisories scheduled for maturation
- Strategic planning discussion led by NEMSAC Vice Chairperson
Registrants who wish to address the council during the public comment periods can submit comments in writing to NHTSA.NEMSAC@dot.gov by February 8, 2023. Questions and comments for the Council may also be presented using the live chat feature.
NHTSA is committed to providing equal access to this meeting for all program participants. Persons with disabilities in need of accommodation should send their request to Clary Mole by phone at (202) 868-3275 or by email to Clary.Mole@dot.gov no later than February 8, 2023. A sign language interpreter and closed captioning services can be provided through the WebEx virtual meeting platform upon request.