Salary: $65,100 - $81,537, per year
Location: Medford, OR
Jackson County Library Services
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR MEDFORD
40 HOURS $31.29 TO $39.20 PER HOUR $65,100 TO $81,537 PER YEAR
CLOSES MAY 2, 2022 – OPEN UNTIL FILLED ABOUT JCLS
With more than 200 days of sunshine each year, Jackson County, Oregon is located midway between Portland and San Francisco. The region boasts beautiful valleys and mountain lakes, wineries, wild rivers, easy access to the Redwoods and coast, and cultural entertainment to rival big cities. Jackson County Library Services (JCLS) serves the 220,000 residents of Jackson County with 15 branch libraries. The mission of the Jackson County Library District is to connect everyone to information, ideas, and each other. We provide a wide range of children’s, teen, and adult physical and electronic resources and collections as well as outreach services, including booktalks for elementary and middle school students, services for homebound patrons, and outreach to childcare centers. Our ever-changing calendar of programs and events is diverse, including musical performances, lectures, art exhibits, classes, book groups, storytimes, and more.
The Network Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, upgrading, monitoring, documenting and maintenance of the JCLS Network which directly supports the mission of the Library District. Oversees all design, implementation, maintenance and monitoring processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor, troubleshoot, repair and replace networking components, network support software and related elements in a predominately Cisco-based networking environment.
- Monitor network by evaluating performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, latency.
- Maintain computer networks and systems including servers, software and other physical hardware.
- Conduct software installation, repair and replacement in a Microsoft Windows and Active Directory environment.
- Respond to problems or tickets in a timely manner, according to the Service Level Agreement.
- Provide after-hours support for staff as well as support for evening and weekend maintenance and upgrades.
- Secure JCLS network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation and maintaining documentation.
- Administration of the VOIP phone system, Microsoft 365 and other Library specific software.
- Work closely with the IT team to plan, deploy, maintain and replace technology solutions.
- Ability to continuously develop professionally through available trade publications, technical documentation, online courseware and webinars to remain current with technological advances.
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration.
- User and group administrator for Active Directory
- Performs day-to-day maintenance of network servers (backups, administration, hardware maintenance).
- Update virus protection software to keep data and communications protected.
- Responsible for a variety of network protocols, settings, configurations and maintenance of software and hardware involved in the LAN / WAN operations of JCLS.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of JCLS network hardware, as well as for Microsoft 365, e-mail, and firewall administration.
- Develop, monitor and document disaster recovery processes, security alignments and compliance procedures.
- Define network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Serve as a key technical resource, providing advice, training, and technical support for various projects.
- Conduct accurate inventories of networking equipment and supporting software.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in all interactions with staff, customers and vendors.
- Update the maintenance and replacement cycle schedule for all networking equipment.
- Communicate networking issues to staff in a layman’s term and friendly manner.
- Monitor Help Desk system, respond and resolve issues and fully document solutions, and update applicable technical documents.
- Establish and work with outside vendors to obtain pricing and coordinate meetings.
- Demonstrate and practice thorough electrical safety precautions.
- Perform other duties as assigned and carry out special tasks at Management's direction.
- Regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including backbone infrastructure issues and upgrades.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365.
- Proficient with Cisco IOS, Microsoft command line scripting, Power Shell and batch programming.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to solve problems and think critically with all undertakings.
- Ability to contribute within a team environment.
- Required to interact and communicate with JCLS staff at all levels, through various means, in a friendly, clear, and concise manner.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the OSI model, and its application to install networking technologies.
- Demonstrate an operational knowledge of IP addressing, subnetting, VLAN and routing concepts.
- Basic operational knowledge of HTML, Microsoft SQL and PowerShell programming.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the proper usage of Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Leadership skills that promote teamwork and results across the district.
- Ability to explain complex technology concepts in ways that are easily understandable to all staff.
- Excellent project management skills with attention to details.
- Self-starter and motivated to advance technology concepts within district and industry standards.
- Actively support and respect diversity in the workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in computer support or certificates in networking technologies
- At least one industry standard certification, such as CompTIA Net+ and/or Cisco CCNA. Additional progress towards other Cisco certifications such as CCNP will be taken into consideration.
- Two years of experience demonstrating a fundamental working knowledge of routing, switching, wireless, VoIP and adaptive security (ASA) technologies as they relate to Cisco implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or computer engineering.
Criminal background check required. Valid Driver’s License to travel between branches.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is continuously required to communicate by talking and listening, use of fingers and hands, repetitive motion and sitting. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach, sit and feel. Occasionally bend, stoop, grasp and rarely to feel, kneel or crawl. The position requires mobility, including the ability to move materials weighing up to 15 pounds on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc., may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment. Travel to other district locations for work and/or to workshops/professional meetings/conferences. This level has a work environment that is well protected, with virtually no hazards or obstacles. There is very little element of personal risk or hazard. Job conditions are stable, usually well managed, and very comfortable.
Conditions may consist of the following:
- Reading for comprehension and direction (policies & procedures)
- Speaking to share, respond and maintain relationships or to convey instructions and/or direction
- Considerable cognitive process to make effective decisions for non-routine work
- Various equipment includes computers with a keyboard and mouse, server, routers and other networking equipment, telephone, and other electronic devices to share documents, information and discussion
- Deadlines and changing priorities with multiple demands on time
- Attendance at evening and weekend meetings and/or social/business events
- Available for emergencies and off-schedule contacts
This position is placed at range F on the JCLS salary schedule, and has a starting salary range of $31.29 to $33.24 per hour and $65,100 to $69,157 per year. The full salary range is $31.29 to $39.20 hour and $65,100 to $81,537 per year. Placement on the salary schedule is based upon education and experience.
JCLS offers a competitive benefits package including 401(a) with District contributions up to 8%, medical, dental and vision coverage to employees and qualified dependents. In addition, JCLS provides generous vacation, sick leave and 11 paid holidays.
After the preliminary screening, selected candidates will be invited for an initial interview. Videoconference interviews (in lieu of an in-person initial interview) will be offered. Candidates to be interviewed will be selected from applicants who most closely meet the minimum and desired qualifications. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview. JCLS reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely filling of the position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employees must satisfy all of the pre-employment requirements prior to appointment that include, but are not limited to; verification of their legal right to work in the United States, background check, and be up-to-date on vaccinations for COVID-19.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in completing the application or the interview process must notify the Human Resources Department in advance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JCLS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment, of any type, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. The organization employs affirmative personnel measures to ensure the achievement of equal employment opportunities in all aspects of employment, and the work environment. These policies of nondiscrimination will prevail throughout every aspect of the employment relationship, including recruitment, selection, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff, termination, training, and conflict resolution.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must submit a JCLS Application, Cover Letter and Resume. The JCLS Application can be found at https://jcls.org/about/job-opportunities/ These items must be turned in to the Human Resources Department no later than May 2, 2022 at MIDNIGHT PST. Materials can be submitted by emailing to email@example.com. Only candidates with complete materials and who meet the minimum qualifications of the position will be considered.