Jackson County Library Services - Human Resource Specialist Benefit & Volunteer Coordinator
Salary: $22.92 TO $28.70 per hour
Location: Medford, OR
$22.92 TO $28.70 PER HOUR
AFTER JULY 1, 2023 $24.07 TO $30.14 PER HOUR
CLOSES MAY 24, 2023 - OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Human Resource Specialist coordinates and completes the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including benefit administration, onboarding of new hires, customer service, coordinating volunteers, and enforcing company policies and practices. Decisions are made in consultation with the Human Resources Manager with general instructions, employment law, and library policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages leaves of absence, including FMLA, OFLA Leave Without Pay, Leave Transfer and Workers Compensation. Works closely with employees, managers and other Human Resources staff on leave of absence procedures. Tracks required paperwork, maintains medical files and confidentiality of included information.
- Disseminates benefits package information, including medical, dental, disability and life insurance and retirement plan options to new employees.
- Coordinates annual open enrollment, COBRA administration, retirement orientation sessions, and other fringe benefit events.
- Create Volunteer Policies and waivers and update regularly.
- Utilize Volgistics software for correspondence, document signing and time reporting. Track volunteer hours to be reported in the State Annual Statistical Report.
- Coordinate volunteer services needs for JCLS libraries.
- Recruit, interview, assess, and select each applicant based on volunteer position knowledge, skills, and abilities before acceptance into the program.
- Determine which function each volunteer is best suited for based on assessment of volunteer knowledge, skills, abilities and Library needs; work with library management to schedule volunteers to meet the needs of the Library while maximizing volunteer job satisfaction and fulfillment.
- Work with managers to maintain accurate task descriptions.
- Conduct background and reference checks.
- Communicate regularly with volunteers to ensure they are informed about Library programs, services, policies and activities and that Library staff is informed about the volunteer program.
- Establish and maintain an active list of the volunteer positions, including the desired number of volunteers and location for each position.
- Assists in the development of HR policies, procedures and activities; responds to inquiries from staff and public regarding HR policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers; answers questions as appropriate regarding policies, procedures, benefits, leaves and other related HR items.
- Prepares and coordinates materials for department-run meetings, trainings and events.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Regular attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess knowledge of HR processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws related to labor, family and medical leave, benefits and wage and hour.
- Possess analytical, research, and problem-solving skills and needs to use good judgment when making independent decisions.
- Mental activities involve continuous reading, writing, speaking, and performing basic and advanced math functions.
- The position is required to use effective communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc., sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word.
- Possess computer skills and the ability to use a variety of software programs; including payroll and accounting programs.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Ability to multitask and work with competing interests.
- Ability to succeed in a teamwork-oriented environment.
- Complies with safety requirements of the position and actively promotes safe work practices.
- Actively supports and respects equity, inclusion and diversity in the workplace.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience working in a position with human resources duties, volunteer coordination or benefit administration.
- Two years of college coursework in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or another related field.
- Experience in the public sector.
- Criminal background check required.
- Must be able to travel to other locations to perform work, and/or attend work-related meetings, workshops or conferences.
How to apply:
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://jcls.pshire.com/jobs/394.html