Jackson County Fire District 4 - Fire Chief
Salary: $110,000 annually
Location: Shady Cove, OR
Fire Chief - Jackson County Fire District 4
Salary: $110,000 annually
Benefits: Generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance and Oregon PERS retirement.
Jackson County Fire District 4 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Fire Chief.
Jackson County Fire District 4 is a combination career-volunteer fire department serving the communities of Shady Cove and Trail since 1956. Our Fire District covers approximately 37 square miles, primarily along the Highway 62 corridor from Highway 234 up to Casey State Park. We also provide service up Highway 227 to milepost 43. We protect approximately 6,600 residents that live within our District boundaries, as well as the thousands that come to visit or pass through our area every year.
If you are an experienced fire service professional who would enjoy living and working in a smaller rural area where quality of life and working effectively with a proactive board is important, please consider applying.
Education, Experience, and Certification/Licensure:
- Associate degree in Applied Science/Fire Science.
- A minimum of eight (8) years full-time experience with a paid or combined paid/volunteer fire department. Experience must exhibit a consistent pattern of participation, personal and professional growth, and increasing organizational responsibility.
- At least five (5) years supervisory and administrative experience in a managerial and command position of Battalion Chief or higher that demonstrates the required knowledge, abilities, behaviors, and traits to perform the essential functions.
- Any combination of education and work experience that meets these requirements will be considered.
- Oregon licensed EMT, or able to obtain by date of hire.
- Additional upper division or graduate level managerial course work or equivalent.
- Completion of the National Fire Academy Executive Fire Officer program, or other certificated managerial training programs.
- Chief Fire Officer Designation from the Commission on Fire Accreditation International.
- Proven experience in interagency coordination with structural and wildland protection agencies.
- Proven experience working with districts, cities, and/or other governmental agencies.
- Reside within 20 minutes of the District boundary upon completion of District’s probationary period.
Full Position Description: Click Here
Position Application: Click Here
Desirable Starting Date: May 1,2023
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and completed application by email or postal service to:
Attn. Shanta Carter C/O JCFD4 Board of Directors
Jackson County Fire District 4 Fire Chief Selection Process
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Application Deadline: February 3,2023