Skip to main content

How to apply for disaster aid due to wildfires

If you experienced uninsured losses or damage due to wildfires, you may qualify for disaster aid. Federal funds are available to help eligible individuals recover from wildfire in Clackamas, Douglas, Jackson, Klamath, Lane, Lincoln, Linn and Marion Counties.

Oregon received federal emergency aid to supplement state, tribal and local recovery efforts in areas wildfires and straight-line winds affected beginning on Sept. 7, 2020.

“Oregon is resilient, but to fight fires on this scale, we need all the help we can get,” said Governor Kate Brown. “I am grateful for the White House’s swift response in quickly granting a Presidential Disaster Declaration and the immediate implementation of the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s  individual assistance program, which will help bring additional relief to Oregonians impacted by the devastation of these fires.”

Assistance may include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster.

Individuals and business owners who sustained losses in the designated areas can begin applying for assistance by registering online at or by calling 1-800-621-3362 or 1-800-462-7585 TTY. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.

Federal assistance through FEMA’s Public Assistance program is available to Benton, Clackamas, Columbia, Coos, Deschutes, Douglas, Jackson, Jefferson, Josephine, Klamath, Lake, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Multnomah, Tillamook, Wasco, Washington and Yamhill Counties.

Governor Brown provided an update on Oregon’s emergency response at a press briefing today.

You can find more information about applying for assistance, current conditions and other resources at