This five part video, presented by SDAO Executive Director Frank Stratton at the 2012 SDAO Conference, is for new board members with little or no experience with special districts or local government. Learn how and why special districts are formed, and how they interact with the State of Oregon and other local governments. Attendees will also gain an understanding of the powers and responsibilities of special districts and their statutory powers.
The training has been broken down into five YouTube videos, each approximately 15 minutes in length:
- Part 1: What is a Special District?
- Part 2: Oregon Government Structure and Regulations
- Part 3: Taxation and Revenues
- Part 4: Board Member Liabilities
- Part 5: Liabilities (continued) and What are SDAO and SDIS?