1. I do not serve on the board of a special district but am employed by one. Can I participate?
This program is only for individuals who serve on the board of an Oregon special district that is also a member of SDAO. If you are an employee of one of our member districts, we encourage you to enroll in the SDAO Academy which is targeted toward professional development of special district employees.
2. This program sounds great. How can I sign up for the training and what day is it on?
This is not a single training or a program that can be completed in one day. Each module has required trainings within them. Any training that is facilitated by SDAO or an approved affiliate will indicate what training credit can be received and for which modules.
3. I have signed up for a course offered by another organization that covers the same topics as the Academy. How can I get credit for that?
We will not accept training credit from outside organizations for this program. All trainings must be offered by SDAO or a pre-approved affiliate. You will see the Academy logo on all eligible training, as well as text indicating which modules/trainings the course applies to.
4. I took board trainings just last year. Can I apply those to this program?
No. Only trainings taken July 1, 2020 and onward can apply to this program.
5. Who will be providing the trainings?
SDAO staff, pre-approved affiliates, and other qualified speakers will be providing the trainings.