**Deadline approaching submission of Request for Public Assistance for DR4562 due 12/13/20 **
Federal funding is available to local, tribal governments, state agencies, special districts and certain private nonprofit organizations in designated areas (counties) for emergency work and the repair or replacement of public facilities damaged by the wildfires and Straight-Line Winds that occurred in Oregon between September 07, 2020 – November 03, 2020. FEMA Public Assistance available categories in the designated counties is attached(dec 4562.pdf).
The federal share of assistance is not less than 75% of the eligible cost for emergency measures and permanent restoration. Please see attached dec 4562 map for designation and category of assistance.
FEMA Public Assistance Categories of Work
Eligible Applicants : include local governments, tribal governments, special districts, state agencies, and certain *private nonprofits (PNP) that have incurred cost for response activities and/or have sustained facility damage as a direct result of the event of September 07, 2020 through November 03, 2020.
*PNPs are those entities that provide a governmental type service, and have a 501(c), (d) or (e) tax exception status. PNPs please refer to FEMA Public Assistance Program and Guide (link below), page 43 regarding PNP eligible facilities and required documentation. Note: Certain PNPs that have damages to their facilities may be directed to apply to SBA loan first, the deadline to apply to SBA is December 21, 2020 (attached).
Request for Public Assistance (RPA) Submission – Due 30 days from Declaration Date – Extended to 12/13/20 for DR4562OR. Eligible entities that have response costs and or damages as a direct result of the event and are seeking federal financial assistance should submit an RPA. Once the RPA is approved, the applicant is assigned a State and FEMA Program Delivery Manager to assist with the FEMA process in developing eligible projects for reimbursement.
Applying for FEMA Public Assistance – FEMA Grants Portal Registration
Eligible applicants include state, local governments, tribal governments, special districts and certain private nonprofits (PNP) in designated areas may apply directly through registering in FEMA Grants Portal.
For new Applicants registering in FEMA Grants Portal
- Go to https://grantee.fema.gov/
- Register Your Organization for Public Assistance
- Complete organizational profile (basic information about organization)
- New Applicants will select NO when prompted in Grants Portal to submit a Request for Public Assistance (RPA) - (DR4562 option to submit RPA is not available until registration process is complete and approved by OEM)
- After the new Applicant completes the account request the account creation must be approved by the State (OEM) before the new Applicant can submit an RPA for DR4562
- After OEM approves, the Applicant’s primary contact listed will receive a system generated email with a user name and temporary password
- Once Applicant receives they can log back into FEMA Grants Portal to submit a Request for FEMA Public Assistance (RPA) for DR4562
Already Registered in FEMA Grants Portal?
Applicants whom are already registered in FEMA Grants Portal can submit an RPA for their organization directly by logging into https://grantee.fema.gov/
Unable to access FEMA Grants Portal to submit RPA or need assistance in creating Public Assistance Grants Portal user account?
Please contact Selicity Icefire, Public Assistance Grants Assistant at (503)378-3934, email email@example.com
FEMA Public Assistance Policy and Guide Book (PAPPG): Resource on FEMA Public Assistance Eligibility and Process.
- SBA for certain PNPs New Release 16710-01- These low-interest federal disaster loans are available in Clackamas, Douglas, Jackson, Klamath, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion and Tillamook counties. Deadline to apply for Property Damage is December 21, 2020: PNP Essential Services with property damage should register in FEMA Grants Portal and apply for SBA ( FEMA PA PNP eligibility list can be found in the PAPPG page 45-47, PNP SBA process can be found on page 58).
- Disaster Designation Map- DR4562
- FEMA Green Sheet DR4562 – Other than FEMA Public Assistance program eligibility failure to comply with applicable federal, tribal, state, and local environmental and historical preservation laws could jeopardized or delay federal funding. FEMA has provided a “Greensheet” that provides guidance on the FEMA environmental and historic preservation (EHP) process- Other than FEMA Public Assistance program eligibility failure to comply with applicable federal, tribal, state, and local environmental and historical preservation laws could jeopardized or delay federal funding. FEMA has provided a “Greensheet” that provides guidance on the FEMA environmental and historic preservation (EHP) process.
- FEMA Public Assistance: Contracting Requirements Checklist (attached)-The purpose of this Fact Sheet is to provide Public Assistance applicants with key information they need to consider when using contract resources. Failure to follow federal contracting requirements when procuring and selecting contractor put applicants at risk of not receiving full reimbursement for eligible disaster costs. FEMA Procurement Disaster Assistance Team (PDAT) is offering Procurement Webinar Training! It is highly recommended applicants or potential applicants attend this webinar training. Training Flyer attached.
PDAT Webinar Training Schedule :
FEMA grant recipients and subrecipients must follow federal procurement under grant (PUG) regulations when using FEMA funds to purchase goods and services. PDAT offers the below trainings to increase procurement under grant awareness and compliance.
Please feel free to share any of the below information to interested participants.
Below are the links and audio information for the 2-hour training and two 1-hour top ten mistakes trainings for Oregon:
December 7th, 2020 – 11:00am-12:00pm (PST); Top Ten Mistakes Training
Meeting Link: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/rbkuk9nmpbws/
- Phone Number: 1-800-320-4330
- Participant Access Code: 428092#
December 9th, 2020 – 11:00am-1:00pm (PST); Two-Hour Standard Training
Meeting Link: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/ro4rzmm3d2ri/
- Phone Number: 1-800-320-4330
- Participant Access Code: 918312#
December 11th, 2020 – 11:00am-12:00pm (PST); Top Ten Mistakes Training
Meeting Link: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/r91yk38n3sx6/
- Phone Number: 1-800-320-4330
- Participant Access Code: 388374#