Location: Lincoln City, OR
Application Deadline: May 7th 2023 at 5pm
Situated on the beautiful central Oregon Coast, Devils Lake is a 680-acre shallow lake located in Lincoln City and unincorporated Lincoln County, Oregon. Devils Lake Water Improvement District is a public organization responsible for managing and protecting water resources in Devils Lake and its watershed. The District directs a number of programs which can be grouped under four general areas: water supply, water quality, natural resources, and public access.
A 5-member Board of Directors establishes policies and sets the budget for the District. Board members are elected by the residents of the District and serve as unpaid volunteers representing varied backgrounds and interests. The District’s primary funding source is ad valorem taxes, although revenues must also be derived from other sources such as grants.
The district is searching for a dependable, responsible person, committed to professionalism, excellence, and success, to fill the position of District Manager. The individual appointed to this position will possess well-developed business management, administrative, and leadership skills. While the individual is the chief operating officer of the District, they will recognize that policy is set by the Board of Directors. The Manager must be capable of providing an open and direct flow of information with the Board to assist in the formulation of District policies. The Manager must be able to develop and manage a District-wide budget and keep the Board apprised of any irregularities. The Manager is also expected to raise additional funds through grants and other means. Additionally, the Manager must be able to communicate a clear vision in the community; and build and maintain collaborative partnerships with public agencies, private industry, tribes, and non-profit organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, public administration, parks and recreation management, environmental science, natural resource management, or related field; or three (3) years of work experience in parks and recreation, natural resource management, city or town management; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with budget development and implementation, and project management. Preference given to candidates with experience in managing contractors for capital improvement projects.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the public sector. Preference given to candidates who have experience in public records, public meetings, grant writing, and/or public/community relations.
- Good computer skills using Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as familiarity with social media and webpage development and management.
- Possession of a valid Oregon driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Possession of an Oregon Boater Safety Card and ability to operate small gas-powered boat.
To review the full job description, please see the District’s webpage. https://dlwid.org/
To be considered as a candidate, please submit a resume and cover letter to the address or email listed below. The resume and cover letter must clearly describe how you meet the minimum qualifications and be received by May 7th, 2023 at 5p.m. to be considered for this position.
Electronic submission is preferred. Interviews for qualified candidates will be held at the Board’s regularly scheduled meeting on May 11th, 2023.
Devils Lake Water Improvement District
Attn: Job Application
PO Box 974
Lincoln City OR 97367