Customer Accounts Representative I/II - Columbia River PUD
Salary: $23.86-$36.05 per hour DOE
Location: Saint Helens, OR
The job category of Customer Accounts Representative (CAR) I and II is a multifunctional position made up of three important roles: Customer Specialist, Accounts Specialist, and Collections Specialist. In addition to maintaining a working knowledge of all three roles, a CAR I/II is responsible for other similar customer service related functions, providing customers with an exceptional customer service experience. A CAR II has demonstrated a higher level of competency and knowledge in performing all functional areas of the Customer Accounts Department when compared to a CAR I. Years of experience, job performance, and type of current responsibility may also distinguish a CAR I from a CAR II. The three specific CAR I/II roles are described below:
Customer Specialist – Serve as the initial point of contact for external customers, contractors, and visitors. Manage the main office switchboard. Process customer payments and correspond with customers regarding billing inquiries.
Accounts Specialist – Process move in/out services, miscellaneous receivables, and research and resolve customer account issues. Oversee administration of pay plans. Update and maintain customer accounts.
Collections Specialist – Monitor accounts for timely payments, engage in credit and collection activities, and manage pay arrangements. Track, maintain, and process monthly write-off account balances.
· Memorandum to Applicants – Customer Accounts Representative I/II
· Job Description – Customer Accounts Representative I/II
· Veteran’s Preference (as applicable)
· CRPUD Employment Application – Please see note below
· Supplemental Questions (Word) – Customer Accounts Representative I/II
· Additional Materials for Applicants
Note: Some web browsers don’t display fillable pdf forms correctly. If you see a message that states, “Please Wait…” instead of seeing the Employment Application, right-click on the link and save the file to your computer, then open it in Adobe Reader.
How to Apply
Complete and submit a CRPUD Employment Application, the Supplemental Questions for the Customer Accounts Representative I/II, and Veteran’s Preference (if applicable) to:
Human Resources Department
Columbia River PUD
P.O. Box 1193
St. Helens, OR 97051
Fax: (503) 397-5215
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
If you require accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Human Resources at (503) 397-1844. Columbia River PUD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, uniformed/military service or veteran status, marital status, use of the workers’ compensation system, expunged juvenile records, or any other protected status or activity in accordance with applicable law. Veteran’s preference is available by completing the Veteran’s Preference Form and providing the required supporting documentation.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four years’ clerical experience, including use of a 10-key adding machine, general computer experience, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Valid driver’s license. Other driving-related requirements may apply depending on the nature and scope of responsibilities associated with driving on behalf of CRPUD.
- Familiar with utility services technology and applicable software applications.
- At least one year experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
$23.86 - $36.05 per hour depending on qualifications
Job Position Closing: 4/20/2023 by 5:30 p.m.