Coronavirus Relief Funding Expense Reimbursement Request - Round 7 Now Open
Round seven is now open for Coronavirus Relief Funding (CRF) expense reimbursement requests. We are urging ALL districts to apply, even if you have already hit your maximum. Do not miss this opportunity to receive expense reimbursements. The list of eligible expenses is very broad. Remember, you can submit for expenses dating back to March 1st to December 11th.
If you are seeking ways to utilize this funding, we recommend that you strongly consider upgrading your district’s phone, internet, and computer systems to make online work and meetings possible. SDAO foresees a future demand and potential requirement for this and the CARES Act reimburses for this type of upgrade for special districts. Please also see below for examples of approved expenses for other SDAO members.
How to Apply
Please submit requests on the CRF Grant Portal. Reimbursement requests cannot be submitted without an active registration. Please view the instructions on how to register.
Examples of Approved Expenses
Examples of expenses that SDAO members have been approved for:
- Upgrades of district phone, internet, and computer systems to make online work and meetings possible
- Additional payroll covering the fire chief’s time for attending additional meetings related to COVID-19 response
- Administrative assistant’s additional payroll related to additional COVID-19 tasks
- Disinfecting equipment to maintain vehicles and station
- Video conferencing equipment to facilitate public meetings
- Telework equipment for staff
- Security systems that allow a reception area to communicate with individuals outside prior to allowing them into the building (allows for COVID-19 screening)
- Cartridge style respirators to replace disposable N95 respirators
Public Health Funds
Public health funds are not limited to public health agencies. All districts can apply for any of the dollars available under the public health category.
Reimbursement for Matching Grant Dollars
If your district has applied for FEMA Public Assistance grants, you can get reimbursed for the matching dollars. According to the US Treasury FAQ on CARES Act Funds:
Payments from the Fund may be used to meet the non-federal matching requirements for Stafford Act assistance to the extent such matching requirements entail COVID-19-related costs that otherwise satisfy the Fund’s eligibility criteria and the Stafford Act. Regardless of the use of Fund payments for such purposes, FEMA funding is still dependent on FEMA’s determination of eligibility under the Stafford Act.
Please contact Jason Jantzi, SDAO Risk Management Consultant, at email@example.com or 800-285-5461 with any questions.