Salary: $52.57 - $70.97
Location: Oregon City, OR
Clackamas County is currently seeking a dynamic Civil Engineering Supervisor to join the skilled leadership team with Clackamas Water Environment Services (WES). This position will oversee the management of a wide range of conveyance and wastewater treatment capital projects, from development through completion of construction. Additionally, this position will oversee project teams of engineering staff and consultants in project management, contract review, budgeting, and design and construction of wastewater treatment and conveyance projects. You will also have opportunities to attend industry conferences, present papers and contribute to a high-achieving team.
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate the below qualities:
- Passion for water quality and contributing to communities and businesses living, working, and playing within a healthy environment
- Leadership ability to establish and communicate project goals, and follow through by motivating stakeholders to collaboratively achieve goals together
- Proven management skills to guide projects to completion within time and budget constraints
- A positive, high-energy, and can-do attitude Solution-oriented mindset and focus on solving problems
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively convey technical information to a diverse audience
- Collaborative mentality and ability to work with both engineering and operations staff
- Building a resilient clean water future where all people benefit and rivers thrive is our job.
We do this by providing wastewater services, stormwater management, and environmental education. Our agency is committed to building a highly skilled collaborative team that values protecting public health, environmental stewardship, responsive customer service and teamwork. We’re on the search for experienced individuals who place a high value on the one water we all share.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
- Possession of a Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. E.) in the State of Oregon. (Note: Proof of registration will be required prior to the final offer of employment is extended to the selected candidate. Registration in another state where registration was acquired by examination will temporarily fulfill this requirement, provided Oregon registration is obtained within six (6) months of hire.)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or an engineering field, related to wastewater pumping and treatment
- A minimum of 10 years of recent wastewater treatment and/or conveyance engineering experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate, engage, and develop staff
- Experience in project management, including experience leading projects related to water/wastewater discipline from project conception through construction
- Experience developing and managing projects and budgets of complex projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain and present complex, technical information to individuals with various level of technical knowledge and skill
- Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. Learn more about the County's driving policy
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
- Master's Degree in environmental or civil engineering disciplines Consulting experience
- Direct supervisory experience of technical, professional, and/or engineering staff, including assigning work, training staff, preparing and reviewing performance appraisals, correcting performance deficiencies and recommending corrective actions
- Experience evaluating, preparing, negotiating, and administering civil and environmental engineering contracts and/or governmental agreements
- Experience in the planning, design and construction of wastewater infrastructure
- *For Veterans qualified for Veteran’s Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
How to apply:
To view full job posting and to apply: https://hrapp.clackamas.us/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&JobOpeningId=106705&PostingSeq=1&SiteId=1&languageCd=ENG&FOCUS=Applicant