2020-2021 SDAO Awards Program Award Recipients
Howard Terpenning Lifetime Achievement Award
The Howard Terpenning Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to an individual who has shown an outstanding commitment to Oregon special districts and to SDAO.
- Clark Balfour, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue – Awards Video
Outstanding Special District Program Award
Special districts are recognized for innovative projects and programs, outstanding safety, public information, public involvement in a district decision-making process, and outstanding achievement.
- 6-25 Employees: Canby Fire District – Awards Video
- 26 or More Employees: North County Recreation District – Awards Video
Outstanding Special District Service Award
This category recognizes an individual board member, manager, staff member, or volunteer who has contributed substantially to the improvement and successful operation of his or her district.
- Board Member: Jerry Enman, Klamath Irrigation District – Awards Video
- Manager: Chief Joshua Williams, Aurora Fire District – Awards Video
- Employee: Barbara McCann, North County Recreation District – Awards Video
- Volunteer: Wayne Austen, Canby Fire District – Awards Video
Congressional Leadership Award
This award recognizes a member of Oregon’s delegation to Congress who has consistently gone above and beyond for Oregon’s special districts.
- Congressman Peter DeFazio – Awards Video
Congressman DeFazio has been a longtime supporter of the SDAO’s diverse membership. In particular, he has been a partner and leader for infrastructure and transportation-related projects across the state and has been instrumental in securing critical funding for several of Oregon’s special districts.
Extraordinary Staff Service Award
This award was created by the SDAO Board of Directors to recognize an SDAO staff member that has gone above and beyond for our members.
- Jason Jantzi, SDAO Risk Management Consultant