2022 SDAO Awards Program Award Recipients
2022 SDAO Award Winners
Howard Terpenning Lifetime Achievement Award
The Howard Terpenning Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to an individual who has shown an outstanding commitment to Oregon special districts and to SDAO.
- George Dunkel, Retired Fire Chief and SDAO Senior Consultant – Awards Video
Outstanding Special District Program Award
Special districts are recognized for innovative projects and programs, outstanding safety, public information, public involvement in a district decision-making process, and outstanding achievement.
- 5 or fewer Employees: Mist-Birkenfeld RFPD - Awards Video
- 6-25 Employees: Rainbow Water District – Awards Video
- 26 or More Employees: Lebanon Fire District – Awards Video
Outstanding Special District Service Award
This category recognizes an individual board member, manager, staff member, or volunteer who has contributed substantially to the improvement and successful operation of his or her district.
- Board Member: Trudi Sthen, Ophir RFPD – Awards Video
- Manager: Fred Schatz, Crystal Springs Water District – Awards Video
- Employee: Donn Bunyard, Clackamas River Water – Awards Video
- Volunteer: Thomas Maddock, McKenzie Fire & Rescue – Awards Video
Extraordinary Staff Service Award
This award was created by the SDAO Board of Directors to recognize an SDAO staff member that has gone above and beyond for our members.
- Kevin Pardy, SDAO Underwriting Manager