Salary: $5,006 - $6,758 monthly
Closing Date: 1/30/22
General Statement Of Duties:
Plan, supervise, and implement multi-site recreational and educational programs in a child care, enrichment, and recreational format for school-aged youth; does related work as required.
Distinguishing Features Of The Class: An employee in this classification is responsible for supervising staff, planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating recreational and educational youth programs. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Department Program Manager, who reviews work primarily on the basis of results attained and established goals. Supervision is provided to a variety of staff including: Recreation Coordinators, Site Coordinators, Program Leaders, Activity Leaders, volunteers, and others who may be hired either on a regular or temporary basis.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES PERFORMED: (Illustrative only. Any single position of a class will not necessarily involve all of the duties listed, and many positions will involve duties that are not listed.)
- Develop, schedule, and oversee recreational and educational activities and programs including kindergarten through 5th grade, before- and after-school programs, camps, and no-school day programs.
- Establish appropriate fee schedules and staff procedures. Evaluate activities, programs, and facilities for participation, effectiveness and safety.
- Supervise subordinate employees and volunteers, including assigning work hours/assignments, evaluating performance, training, taking necessary disciplinary action, employee coaching and making hiring and termination decisions.
- Prepare/recommend annual budget and monthly budget projections for all programs under job responsibilities. Review, monitor, and account for expenditures and revenues within budgetary constraints and cost recovery model.
- Assist in developing and evaluating program costs and revenues. Identify operational changes needed to achieve service, revenue generation, and cost recovery goals.
- Participate and/or work with program partners, other recreational programs, and outside agencies, clubs, and groups to promote and coordinate recreation programs and activities.
- Prepare program activity publicity and information for participants, newspaper publications, newsletter, bulletin boards, flyers, the quarterly program guide, the District’s Web site, and information required for the Registration System.
- Maintain appropriate records and prepare reports related to programs and activities. Provide assistance to and problem-solve with staff, participants and the public regarding program activities.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with all department staff, with other Willamalane departments, other agencies, and the general public.
- Professionally represent the District when responding to the public. Respond to a variety of inquiries and/or complaints from participants and the community.
- Work productively and in a positive manner on a variety of District and Department committees for special events, safety and other committees as assigned.
- Participate and work with regional and state organizations to promote school age activities and programs.
- Assess environment for risks and corrects potential hazardous conditions. Report all work-related employee incidents and patron incidents. Ensure employees are held to district safety, security and loss control standards.
How to apply:
Please follow the link below to submit an application: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/willamalanepdor/jobs/3380777/recreation-supervisor-youth-programs