Salary: $85,364.00 - $101,532.00 per year, DOE
Location: Portland, OR
West Slope Water District is actively recruiting for Manager, Finance & Customer Service.
SALARY RANGE: $85,364 - $101,532 per year D.O.E.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled. First review, February 1, 2022
BENEFITS: Generous benefits include
- 100% employer paid medical/dental/vision for employee and eligible dependents plus employee life & long-term disability
- 11 paid holidays
- 10 hour per month sick leave accrual
- Participation in PERS (Public Employees Retirement System)
- Participating in Oregon Savings Growth 457 plan
- Generous vacation accrual based upon seniority
- Gym membership reimbursement
Nestled in the lovely established Portland West Hills neighborhood of Raleigh Hills, West Slope Water District’s six employees are offered a unique opportunity, due to the District’s small size, to provide prompt personalized and knowledgeable service and attention to its 10,000 plus customers (3,300) connections. The District celebrates its 100th Anniversary in 2022 and continues to take pride in the ability to keep its “small town” feel for its customers.
This is an opportunity for an experienced professional to join our team! The Manager, Finance and Customer Service is a key and unique position reporting to the General Manager with direct responsibility for the full range of finance, accounting, treasury, debt management, and budgeting plus HR, IT, risk, public records, and customer service with one direct report.
Specific responsibilities include hands on preparation of: audited financials, monthly financial reporting to the Board of Commissioners, full range of budget preparation including presentation to the budget committee and serving as the Budget Officer, preparation and presentation of long term financial forecasts, bank reconciliations, payroll, co-ordination of all recruiting, on boarding and off boarding of employees, selection and recommendation and administration of employee benefits, administration and co-ordination of District information technology through an outside service provider, general liability and property insurance, workers compensation, and public records requests. The Manager, Finance and Customer Service has one direct report who handles monthly customer billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, answers phones and provides support to customers. The Manager, Finance and Customer Service is the back up for the Customer Service and Utility Billing position during vacations and other absences.
- At least three years’ experience working with Oregon Budget Law, Audited Governmental Financial Statements, and integrated accounting systems.
- Solid expertise and hands on experience creating and maintaining financial systems and records required to support audited governmental GAAP compliant financial statements.
- Solid understanding of Oregon Budget Law with the ability and inclination to personally create the lowest level of detail combined with the ability to present and explain complex high-level financial concepts in a simple and straight forward manner.
- Solid hands-on payroll experience.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to research requirements in areas of responsibility for which knowledge and experience may not be as strong.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and a signed job application to email@example.com.
To obtain the application visit the District’s website:
www.wswd.org-ABOUT US-HUMAN RESOURCES-JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Questions? Contact Lucy Dawes firstname.lastname@example.org
The West Slope Water District is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, or disability in the admission or access to employment.