Salary: $20.00 - $23.00 DOE
Location: Bend, OR
This full-time position is being advertised November 2021 until filled. Applications/ resume should be submitted to the District office at email@example.com To view full job announcement visit our website at: http://www.tumalo.org
Top candidates will receive an interview, and interviews will be held until the position is filled. Start date is flexible and negotiable, but candidates are encouraged to be ready, willing, and able to start as soon as possible.
Appointment to the position is through an open competitive process and will be based on the General Manager and Field Manager’s evaluation of merit, qualification, experience, and character. The starting wage for this position is competitive with similar jobs in the County and negotiable depending on experience
Starting Wage: $20.00 – 23.00 DOE
Benefits (after 6-month probationary period): Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), District contribution to Retirement plan, 8 paid holidays/year, 5-15 days paid vacation/year (based on tenure), 10 days paid sick leave/year, District vehicle.
Location: Bend, OR
Mandatory Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- 2 years’ experience working in the construction trades or in an irrigation setting
- Valid Oregon Class A driver’s license or ability to obtain one, with clean, safe driving record.
Special Job Requirements:
- Employee must live within (30) minutes of District facilities (Bend, OR).
- Employee required to take off-hours emergency call-outs (including weekends) one week per month.
- Maintain CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certifications as applicable.
- Assists with a variety of maintenance, repair, and construction work on district facilities.
- Performs trench excavation and backfill work.
- Performs concrete and construction and concrete repairs.
- Performs basic to advanced carpentry work.
- Operates various pneumatic, hydraulic, and gasoline powered tools.
- Apply herbicides/pesticides (hand & spray truck applications)
- Relief Ditchrider and Dam Operator duties.
- Design and fabricate specialized tools and equipment; fabricates a wide variety of metal structures; makes repairs and modifications to light, medium and heavy-duty equipment.
- Straightens, shapes, brazes, tempers, cuts and welds varied metals in repair tasks.
- Repairs, reinforces, and modifies service lines, buildings, vaults, meters, water tanks, steel cylinder pipelines, and other metal structures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, outside agencies, and the public.
- Regular attendance and adherence to prescribed work schedule to conduct job responsibilities.
- May work irregular or extended overtime hours.
- Participate in the On-call irrigation season rotation schedule.
- May learn semi-skilled maintenance, repair, and construction work in an assigned work area.
- Responds to emergency repair requests.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Reads and interprets blueprints for fabrication assignments.
- Maintains records of maintenance and inventory of all assigned equipment.
- Ensures proper safety precautions are observed.
The specific statements shown in each section of this job description are not intended to be all- inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job and meeting the needs of the district.