Posted: 1/4/2022 - Updated 3/22/2022
Salary: $32.00 - $37.00 DOE
Location: Bend, OR
This full-time position is being advertised January 2022 until filled. Applications/ resume with cover letter should be submitted to the District office at email@example.com
To view full job announcement visit our website at: http://www.tumalo.org
Top candidates will receive an interview, and interviews will be held until the position is filled. Start date is flexible and negotiable, but candidates are encouraged to be ready, willing, and able to start as soon as possible.
Appointment to the position is through an open competitive process and will be based on the General Manager’s evaluation of merit, qualification, experience, and character. The starting wage for this position is competitive with similar jobs in the State and negotiable depending on experience
Starting Wage: $30.00 to $35.00 DOE
Benefits (after 6-month probationary period): Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), District contribution to Retirement plan, 8 paid holidays/year, 5-15 days paid vacation/year (based on tenure), 10 days paid sick leave/year, District vehicle.
Location: Bend, OR
Mandatory Job Requirements:
· Work in agriculture or construction related field or any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
· A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in agricultural irrigation district operations, maintenance, or construction.
· At least a basic understanding of electronics and wiring.
· Basic understanding of State and Federal water law and the ORS’s and OAR’s that guide irrigation district operations.
· Strong computer, networking and communication skills, Basic programing, SQL, and GIS systems.
· Highly positive, independent, resourceful, and motivated individual – able to solve problems and work productively with minimal supervision and assistance.
Special Job Requirements:
· Employee must live within (30) minutes of District facilities (Bend, OR).
· Employee required to take off-hours emergency callouts (including weekends) one week per month.
· Maintain CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certifications as applicable.
· Under administrative direction, plan, direct, manage and oversee the activities and operations of the District's water operations, including water delivery systems; coordinate activities with outside agencies; and to provide highly responsible and complex support to the Manager.
· Assist with implementing Board policies and programs.
· Assist in maintaining water rights and other District records.
· Assist District landowners with water rights, beneficial use, and other irrigation issues.
· Monitor conditions and performance of the District water conveyance and telemetry systems. Arrange and implement necessary maintenance actions.
· Assist in the design and installation of new open canal and pipeline water measurement sites, the maintenance of existing sites in the field, and to insure a high-quality control of the accuracy of both our diversions and on-farm deliveries.
· Performs and oversees a variety of maintenance, repair, and construction work on District facilities.
· Performs and oversees trench excavation and backfill work.
· Performs and oversees concrete and construction and concrete repairs.
· Performs and oversees basic to advanced carpentry work.
· Performs and oversees brush clearing, weeding and general landscape maintenance.
· Design and fabricate specialized tools and equipment; fabricates a wide variety of metal structures; makes repairs and modifications to light, medium and heavy-duty equipment.
· Participate in the On-call irrigation season rotation schedule.
· Responds to emergency repair requests.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
· Reads and interprets blueprints for fabrication assignments.
· Maintains records of maintenance and inventory of all assigned equipment.
· Ensures proper safety precautions are observed.
· Operate district vehicles and equipment in performing system construction, maintenance, and repair work.
· Travel throughout Deschutes and Klamath counties.
The specific statements shown in each section of this job description are not intended to be all- inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job and meeting the needs of the district.