Tualatin Valley Water District - Maintenance Worker - Seasonal
Location: Beaverton, OR
Title: Maintenance Worker - Seasonal
Reporting to: Facilities Supervisor or System Operations Supervisor
Hourly Rate: $18.00
Department: Engineering and Operations
Tualatin Valley Water District believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to achieve our mission to provide our community quality water and customer service.
Temporary Position: Limited duration, approximately 40 hours per week. Temporary employees are not eligible for benefits except those required by law.
TO APPLY: Visit the website - https://www.tvwd.org/
Overall Purpose of the Job: To perform general unskilled building, grounds or water system maintenance under the direction of District personnel.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive because one or more of the following are essential functions of the position: Operating heavy equipment, operation of a commercial vehicle, setting up work zone traffic control, confined space work, trenching and excavation work, operation of a forklift, flagging, working with water treatment chemicals, driving (as a routine function of the position).
Essential Job Functions:
If assigned to Facilities:
- Perform maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, mowing, pruning, brush cutting, leaf removal, weeding, spreading mulch, painting, pressure washing and any other activities necessary to enhance or improve the District’s facilities and infrastructure.
- Assist in performing minor building and or grounds maintenance repair tasks, including custodial tasks.
- Assist with setup for meetings and events
If assigned to the Water Operations:
- Provide general unskilled labor in support of water system operations including, but not limited to: painting fire hydrants, shoveling, moving materials and minor repairs with hand tools or light power tools under the direction of District personnel.
For all assignments:
- Use safe work methods and make appropriate use of related safety equipment.
- Operate vehicles appropriate to the area of assignment.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment related to work assignment.
- Keep supervisor informed of work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for improvement.
- Perform work zone traffic control.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of personnel, administrative, safety and departmental policies.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures applicable to the job.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Skill in customer relations and communication, including the ability to effectively and tactfully work with difficult customers.
- Ability to read and interpret maps.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with coworkers, customer and other agencies.
- Ability to operate common facilities maintenance equipment and hand tools (i.e. lawn mowers, weed-whackers, leaf blowers, pressure washers, etc).
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and project a positive image of the District.
- Ability to learn and pass a Work Zone Traffic Control certification test.
- Ability to establish and maintain respectful and harmonious relationships with others both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to perform effectively in an independent or team environment, as well as displaying self motivation skills.
- Ability to display TVWD’s vision of delivering the best water, service and value by demonstrating reliability, integrity, stewardship, excellence and safety.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; and
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a driver’s license valid in the State of Oregon; have and maintain a safe driving record.
- Have regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work different shifts as required.
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position.
- Ability to perform demanding physical tasks.
- Work in all types of weather conditions, and perform tasks requiring significant physical exertion, including repetitive lifting and kneeling on a daily basis.
- This is a non-exempt position.
TO APPLY: Visit the website - https://www.tvwd.org