Salary: $3,536 - $4,783 per month.
Location: Tualatin, OR
WHAT YOU WOULD DO
The supply assistant is a key position within the Supply Department and is responsible for providing multipurpose assistance that supports the Supply Department’s warehouse, materials management, and distribution services.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The supply assistant supports a variety of responsibilities including traveling to every station and facility, supporting warehouse receiving, and order fulfillment functions. The successful candidate will have a high level of customer service and be able to work independently and as part of a team. With a can-do attitude, the ideal candidate effectively and efficiently completes routine daily tasks and also handles non-routine duties to meet the department’s needs while looking for ways to improve current processes. The supply assistant is able to professionally and effectively interact with individuals of varying ranks and positions, both inside and outside of the District. They are detail oriented and comfortable with warehousing technology.
WHO WE ARE
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue is Oregon’s largest fire district and provides fire protection and emergency medical services to more than 530,000 people. We are located in one of the fastest growing regions in the state. Our 390-square-mile service area includes most of Washington County and portions of Clackamas, Multnomah, and Yamhill counties.
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue strives to provide exceptional internal and external customer service. To ensure a collaborative and supportive environment with both the public we serve and our coworkers, employees perform their work on-site at the assigned work location.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- One year of experience with warehouse functions and procedures including using inventory control software to maintain, search for, and adjust inventory.
- Inventory processing knowledge and experience preferred.
- Experience preparing, loading, and driving medium- and heavy-duty cargo-style delivery vans preferred.
- Ability to drive to various locations in order to fulfill the essential functions of the position. Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the State of Oregon and have a driving record insurable by the District’s insurer.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The monthly salary range within a step system is $3,536 - $4,783 per month. The starting pay assignment, based on a candidate’s bona fide factor analysis in accordance with the District’s pay equity system and the Oregon Equal Pay Act, will be no higher than $3,992 per month. This position is represented by the IAFF Local 1660. Current salary and benefits reflect the non-represented benefit package, but may change based on future negotiations.
The District offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Vacation, sick leave, and personal leave accruals
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Leaves for military duty and jury duty n Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- HRA VEBA (used to pay for out-of-pocket medical and dental expenses)
- Life insurance/AD&D/LTD
- Retirement plan through Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- Available voluntary deferred compensation (457) plans and matching contribution, based on 457 participation, up to 5% in a 401(a)
For more information and a full job description, visit www.tvfr.com/careers
Apply online at www.tvfr.com/careers
Applications will be accepted through November 5
One-way recorded video interview: Through November 8
Remote Interview: Week of November 15
Anticipated start date: December
TVF&R is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to attract a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve in order to deliver safe, professional, high-performance service.