Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue - Project Manager/Business Analyst
Salary: $6,432 – $8,703 per month
Location: Tigard, OR
WHAT YOU WOULD DO
The project manager/business analyst, reporting to the director of Technology Services, serves as a strategic partner between technical personnel and District departments. Bringing together their technical solutions and project management experience in the role, they will analyze technological gaps and needs, determine options, present innovative solutions, and assist the department with change management and implementation.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
In the first year, the project manager/business analyst is responsible for making significant progress in solution development and project management within the District. Projects include the selection of a new communication and collaboration tool for frontline emergency response staff as well as developing a caching process for the Training Center.
They will work to understand the environment and culture of the District in order to effectively teach other District personnel about this role and make forward progress on assigned projects, assignments, and development of this position.
The ideal incumbent thrives in using keen listening skills and their ability to maneuver through sometimes complex and organizationally sensitive situations to build technology solutions. Using their expert interpersonal skills, they can communicate the problem, solution, and process with District staff in user-friendly terms, and enjoy building and fostering effective working relationships with staff members.
This individual works diligently to ensure risk management, change management processes, and effective technology solutions are all considered in the implementation. Using strong project management techniques, the analyst delivers efficient, timely, and effective solutions for the District.
WHO WE ARE
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue is Oregon’s largest fire district and provides fire protection and emergency medical services to more than 530,000 people. We are located in one of the fastest growing regions in the state. Our 390-square-mile service area includes most of Washington County and portions of Clackamas, Multnomah, and Yamhill counties.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Four years of experience performing analysis of systems, developing solutions, and implementing automated organizational processes.
- Four years of experience performing full-cycle project management, including developing project plans, identifying project constraints, managing change, and working to reduce impacts while maintaining project schedule, costs, and deliverables.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The monthly salary range within a step system for this position is $6,432 – $8,703 per month. The starting pay assignment, based on a candidate’s bona fide factor analysis in accordance with the District’s pay equity system and the Oregon Equal Pay Act, will be no higher than $7,712 per month.
The District offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Annual performance-based step increase for eligible employees
- Vacation, sick leave, and personal leave accruals
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Leaves for bereavement, military duty, and jury duty
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
District pays 90% of monthly premiums
Employees with existing coverage may opt out of medical and/or dental coverage and receive a monthly stipend
- TVF&R establishes and contributes funds to an HRA VEBA (used to pay for out-of-pocket medical and dental expenses)
- Life insurance/AD&D/LTD (employer paid)
- Retirement plan through Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- Available voluntary deferred compensation (457) plans and matching contribution, based on 457 participation, up to 5% in a 401(a)
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at www.tvfr.com/careers
Applications will be accepted through August 12
One-way recorded video interview: August 13 - 19
Practical skills assessment: August 25
Live interview: September 2
Anticipated start date: September 27
TVF&R is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to attract a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve in order to deliver safe, professional, high-performance service.
For more information and a full job description, visit www.tvfr.com/careers.