Salary: $5,178 – $7,004 per month
Location: Tigard, OR
WHAT YOU WOULD DO
The logistics administrative supervisor provides direct, confidential administrative support to the director of logistics while functioning as a working supervisor of logistics administrative staff. They enthusiastically lead their team and are responsible for the dayto-day planning, development, and coordination of workflow, productivity, and the level of output of the staff in conjunction with Logistics Division managers and supervisors.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The logistics administrative supervisor has a key role in the establishment of process flow and support structure for administrative tasks and duties in the newly reorganized Logistics Division by providing clear, succinct, and creative recommendations to the director of logistics based on analysis of work-flow and management needs. The logistics administrative supervisor assists with the evaluation and alignment of the security and access initiatives within the District. They assist the director of logistics with change management as structures and workflow are identified and implemented.
Adept at time management and prioritization, the logistics administrative supervisor provides direct and high-level administrative support in the areas of routine and confidential written product preparation, maintenance of assigned sections of the intranet platform, management of electronic and hardcopy files for the division, as well as customer interface, vendor coordination, and project/program coordination. With proven experience in administration roles, the successful incumbent has strong Microsoft office technical skills. The logistics administrative supervisor manages their workload while delegating and assigning work to administrative staff. When challenges arise with processes or assigned staff, the logistics administrative supervisor is positive, opportunity-focused, resourceful, and diplomatic in ensuring resolution. This position may require work outside the standard Logistics Supply Center business hours as initiatives and support to the director of logistics requires.
WHO WE ARE Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue is Oregon’s largest fire district and provides fire protection and emergency medical services to more than 530,000 people. Our 390-square-mile service area includes most of Washington County and portions of Clackamas, Multnomah, and Yamhill counties.
- Associate degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five years in an administrative role coordinating complex activities, including workload distribution, complex scheduling, and administrative support for multiple managers.
- Three years of supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of software programs within the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Intermediate skills in SharePoint with design skills preferred.
- Ability to perform detailed work involving written or numerical data rapidly and accurately and to identify mathematical calculation errors.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious, and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines simultaneously. Ability to effectively prioritize workload under general guidance and complete duties and assignments with considerable accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced stressful environment with frequent interruptions, multiple simultaneous assignments, and rapidly changing priorities, while maintaining a calm demeanor.
The monthly salary range within a step system for this position is $5,178 – $7,004 per month. The starting pay assignment, based on a candidate’s bona fide factor analysis in accordance with the District’s pay equity system and the Oregon Equal Pay Act, will be no higher than $6,208 per month.
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue strives to provide exceptional internal and external customer service. To ensure a collaborative and supportive environment with both the public we serve and our coworkers, employees perform their work on-site at the assigned work location.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at www.tvfr.com/careers
Applications will be accepted through: August 25
The posting may close once a sufficient amount of qualified applications are received.
One-way video interviews: August 26-September 1
On-site evaluation: September 10 or 14
Anticipated start date: October 4
TVF&R is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to attract a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve in order to deliver safe, professional, high-performance service.
For more information and a full job description, visit www.tvfr.com/careers.