Salary: $7,433 – $10,055 per month
Location: Tigard, OR
WHO WE ARE
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue is Oregon’s largest fire district and provides fire protection and emergency medical services to more than 535,000 people. We are located in one of the fastest growing regions in the state. Our 390-square-mile service area includes most of Washington County and portions of Clackamas, Multnomah, and Yamhill counties.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The capital projects manager is responsible for directing, organizing, controlling, and delivering diverse capital projects of varying size and complexity.
During the first year, the incumbent will establish processes for managing the projects and warranties, with preliminary work on stations projected to begin during the winter. They will also gain an understanding of the Fire District, how it operates, and its role in the communities we serve.
The capital projects manager will successfully manage multiple projects in varying phases while communicating in all directions with stakeholders inside and outside the District. Curious-minded and able to handle ambiguity, this incumbent is flexible and creative in solutions when issues arise and ensures early communication to decision makers.
The capital projects manager is the subject matter expert, knowing or willing to find information on applicable building and/or development code and other District requirements for our facilities in a hands-on manner.
With their savvy interpersonal skills, they will create and maintain a network of contacts both with city, counties, construction, and within the District, fostering these relationships with organizational agility and personal awareness. Ever the consummate professional, they interact with individuals outside the organization with ease and diplomacy.
CAPITAL PROJECTS MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
- Five years of professional experience managing multiple construction projects ranging from $1 million to $15 million in value. Experience in the public sector preferred. Three years of supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in construction project management, engineering, architecture, or closely related field. Current project management certification preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction project management principles, processes, systems, and techniques; thorough understanding of construction techniques, equipment, and materials; and knowledge of construction planning and scheduling. Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations regarding construction.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles and practices of budgeting, purchasing and maintenance of records; ability to prepare, justify and administer a project budget. Ability to manage multiple funding streams, each having unique accounting standards.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, review, and evaluate the work of professional and technical consultants. Ability to read blueprints and construction plans. Ability to effectively lead individuals and teams in order to accomplish goals and objectives.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The monthly salary range within a step system for this position is $7,433 – $10,055 per month. The starting pay assignment, based on a candidate’s bona fide factor analysis in accordance with the District’s pay equity system and the Oregon Equal Pay Act, will be no higher than $8,912 per month.
The District offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Annual performance-based step increase for eligible employees
- Vacation, sick leave, and personal leave accruals
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Leaves for bereavement, military duty, and jury duty
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
District pays 90% of monthly premiums
Employees with existing coverage may opt out of medical and/or dental coverage and receive a monthly stipend
- TVF&R establishes and contributes funds to an HRA VEBA (used to pay for out-of-pocket medical and dental expenses)
- Life insurance/AD&D/LTD (employer paid)
- Retirement plan through Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- Available voluntary deferred compensation (457) plans and matching contribution, based on 457 participation, up to 5% in a 401(a)
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at www.tvfr.com/careers
Applications will be accepted through August 8
Anticipated start date: September 16
TVF&R is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to attract a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve in order to deliver safe, professional, high-performance service.
For detailed information, visit www.tvfr.com/careers to view the full job posting.