Salary: $5,182 – $7,375 per month.
If you are ready to begin your career in the fire service, the time is now! Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue is beginning the process to establish an entrance list for entry-level firefighters. If you want to help others, be part of a dynamic team, and serve our diverse community, the fire service could be the career for you.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO
As a firefighter, you will serve in the community as a first responder providing emergency medical care, fire suppression, and rescues. You will respond to an array of emergency incidents including fires, motor vehicle crashes, hazardous material emergencies, and alarms. Using your exceptional customer service and EMS skills, you will provide the highest level of care with compassion and respect.
WHO YOU ARE
You put others before yourself and work well within a group to solve problems and achieve goals. Continually seeking to improve, you search for opportunities to train and expand your technical skills and knowledge. You thrive in a team setting and respect the diversity of your teammates. You are able to maintain composure under pressure and present yourself as a settling influence in a crisis.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Don’t delay. TVF&R is establishing an eligible list we’ll use to fill upcoming and future firefighter vacancies. We anticipate having a summer 2022 academy. Visit our website at www.tvfr.com/290/careers and apply today.
WHO WE ARE
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue is Oregon’s largest fire district and provides fire protection and emergency medical services to more than 530,000 people. We are located in one of the fastest growing regions in the state. Our 390-square-mile service area includes most of Washington County and portions of Clackamas, Multnomah, and Yamhill counties.
- Must be 18 years old or older and have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must possess a State of Oregon EMT-B certification or Paramedic license by date of employment.
- Must successfully obtain a passing score on the FireTEAM test.
- Must successfully complete the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) within 12 months from the application close date.
- Current, valid driver’s license and must maintain a driving record insurable by the District’s insurer in order to drive a TVF&R vehicle.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The monthly salary range within a step system for this position is $5,182 – $7,375 per month. Per the collective bargaining agreement, the starting pay will be $5,182 per month.
The District offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Vacation and sick leave
- Leaves for military duty and jury duty
- Union Health Trust provided benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- HRA VEBA (used to pay for out-of- pocket medical and dental expenses)
- Life insurance/AD&D/STDL/LTD
- Retirement plan through Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- Available voluntary deferred compensation (457) plans and matching contribution, based on 457 participation, up to 5% in a 401(a)
For more information and a full job description, visit www.tvfr.com/290/careers.
IT’S TIME TO ANSWER THE CALL
Apply online today at www.tvfr.com/290/careers
Applications will be accepted through October 24
One-way recorded video interview starting November 1
Establish list: Beginning of December
TVF&R is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to attract a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve in order to deliver safe, professional, high-performance service.