Salary: $28.00 - $38.00 hourly, DOE
Location: The Dalles, OR
Opening Date: March 25, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Dalles Irrigation District is currently recruiting qualified applicants to fill the position of Field Operations Supervisor. The district is looking for a candidate who will be responsible for hands on operation and on-going repair and maintenance of the district electrical and pumping distribution system to provide a consistent and reliable delivery of water to district patrons. The Supervisor is also responsible for the management of all field personnel.
The Dalles Irrigation District nestled along the banks of the mighty Columbia River, just 84 miles east of Portland, The Dalles, Oregon, offers a multitude of opportunities. The District is responsible for providing irrigation water to 88 growers who farm approximately 5,600 acres. This is accomplished through a pump system that pumps water from the Columbia River using 8 pump stations, to an elevation of 900 feet. The water is then delivered to users through a gravity feed system. The Dalles Irrigation District was founded in 1960.
Full job description: Click Here
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree, or equivalent, from two-year college or technical school.
- A minimum of 2 years previous leadership experience in a related environment which included duties and qualification consistent with this job description.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Special Requirements and Licenses:
- Ability to pass the certification testing and become a certified State of Oregon public pesticide applicator within one year of hire.
- Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record required.
Salary and Benefits:
Hourly wage: $28.00 - $38.00 depending on experience.
Fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance. Paid vacation and holidays. Retirement plan.
Desired starting date: April 2022
Position Application: Click Here
To be considered as a candidate, please submit a completed and signed application, resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and how your experience translates to meet the requirements of the position description.
Submit by email or postal service to:
Attn: Richard Morris, District Manager
The Dalles Irrigation District
3505 Olney Rd.
The Dalles OR 97058