Location: Happy Valley, OR
Salary: $18-$24, hourly, DOE
Sunrise Water Authority is looking for one or more Utility Workers to serve on our Operations team. This is an entry-level position and the selected individual will provide support on maintenance, repair, and construction projects.
About Sunrise Water Authority:
Sunrise is a progressive public utility, serving about 50,000 people in and around Happy Valley, Oregon. Our goal is to provide quality drinking water and customer service through sustainable business practices.
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Valid driver’s license
- Satisfactory driving record
- Must be 18 or older
- Preference will be given to candidates with construction related work experience.
In this position you will:
- Operate small equipment and hand/power tools.
- Clean and maintain vehicles, equipment and storage areas.
- Perform basic maintenance of hydrants, valves, and other system components.
- Perform utility locates.
- Assist in construction and repair of pipelines and related components.
- Assist with field-related customer service activities (final readings, re-reads, door-hangers, etc.).
- Perform traffic control and flagging, as needed.
- Operate a forklift.
- Follow safety procedures such as effective use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The position requires continuous standing, walking, squatting or kneeling and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds, as well as frequent bending, twisting, reaching, climbing, stooping, and grasping. The position also requires frequent driving of light vehicles and work in adverse weather conditions.
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly wage: $18-$24 DOE. Sunrise offers full benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage, along with participation in the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
Visit www.sunrisewater.com/OpenPositions for a complete job description, employment application and instructions on how to apply.
Closing Date: This position is open until filled.