Special Districts Association of Oregon - Office Support Specialist
Closing Date: Open until filled; First review February 25, 2022
Title: Office Support Specialist
Department: Membership Support Services
Reports To: Director of Membership Support Services
Hiring Range: Please contact email@example.com for salary information.
General Position Summary:
The Office Support Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support responsibilities for multiple departments in the SDAO (Tigard office) including being fully responsible for front desk and reception duties.
Essential Functions/Major Assignments:
- Responsible for providing administrative support functions to the SDAO office in Tigard on a routine and on-demand basis, with a focus on departments housed in the Tigard office, including workers' compensation claims, property and casualty claims, information technology, and consulting services.
- Responsible for the management of the reception desk in the Tigard office, including but not limited to: Answering all incoming phone calls and directing callers to the appropriate person/department. Covering the front desk during office hours, greeting any guests to the office, admitting vendors and delivery employees while ensuring all safety protocols are met. Distributing all mail and deliveries; posting outgoing mail. Ordering office supplies and maintaining inventory. Assisting with mailings including printing, labeling, assembling, and posting. Lead on scanned mail which includes disseminating scanned mail to staff as appropriate. Pulling claim files for audits and claim reviews. Maintaining closed file room; ensure files are removed and replaced accurately; ordering/returning closed files to storage.
- Route IT support calls on behalf of SDAO IT Department; including but not limited to routing internal IT support calls to the SDAO IT department or third-party IT support organizations.
- Route all incoming calls to correct department (IT, PC Claims, WC Claims, Consulting Servies, Government Affairs).
- Assist Director of Risk and Claims Management with administrative support tasks including scheduling, travel arrangements, and other projects as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to the Membership Services department as needed; this may include but not limited to assistance related to the organization of the SDAO Annual Conference, SDAO trainings and events, continuing education credit tracking and all other projects and duties as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service to member districts, claimants, and other citizens by responding to all email/voicemail inquiries during regular office hours within one business day, excluding holidays and weekends; directs all inquiries to appropriate SDAO departments.
- Assist with writing and editing training descriptions and other content pieces as requested; may occasionally be solely responsible for writing and editing documents and articles.
- Assist with maintaining SDAO social media pages including posting and creating content.
- Responsible for coordination of all building/office maintenance issues including but not limited to: Maintaining database of services and business to complete building repairs and maintenance. Point of contact for reporting of building repair issues. Coordinating and scheduling building repairs and maintenance. Coordinating with management for larger building repairs. Responsible for and primary contact for office machinery repairs.
- Work on projects or other duties as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Limited requirement to analyze problems or concepts or to make decisions.
- Routine work with regular supervision.
- Identify issues and provide suggested solutions to management.
- Processes and procedures are well defined.
- Must be able to foresee issues associated with own work and identify future needs for supplies, equipment, resources which would stall operations or activities.
- Some interaction with those inside and outside the organization to exchange factual information.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a thorough knowledge and understanding of SDAO and its services and the membership associates
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a strong working knowledge of the various software that SDAO and each department utilizes
- Must have excellent customer services skills
- Ability to provide administrative support to both locations of SDAO (Tigard and Salem) while only physically working at the Tigard location
- Skill and ability with various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Skill and ability with SharePoint
- Must be able to work for a large diverse audience with differing demands, needs and personalities
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Must have strong organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Must have proficient skills with spelling and grammar
- Must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with continuous interruption
- Must be able to respond to members, internal customers, guests etc. in a professional and timely manner
- Must be present at reception desk during office hours; must be able to maintain a set schedule with limited flexibility
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and prioritize tasks
Specific Job Effort:
- There is minimal variation in tasks; the job holder is free to determine in which order tasks are completed, however cannot choose to not complete a task; must ensure deadlines are met and be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Education, Experience, and Certification/Licensure:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of front office and data entry experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- Previous experience working in various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Previous experience working with SharePoint
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Experience with creative writing and editing.
- This position operates in a professional office environment.
- Standard work schedule is Monday through Friday during business hours, with little variance without advance notice.
- This position is required to be in the SDAO office during business hours and is not eligible for the hybrid work schedule as per current SDAO policy.
- Routine use of standard office equipment, including computers and mobile devices.
- In performance of the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- This position may require infrequent travel within the State of Oregon, including overnight.
Application Instructions: Click Here
Employment Application: Click Here
Appointees will be subject to completion of a standard probationary period.
The essential physical abilities described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified. This job description is not an employment agreement and/or an expressed or implied employment contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.