Position open until filled
Special Districts Association of Oregon believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to only the work identified. It is expected that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of SDAO.
Title: Claims Services Specialist
Department: Property and Casualty Claims Department
Exempt/Non-Exempt : Non-Exempt
Reports To: P/C Claims Manager
General Position Summary:
The Claims Services Specialist is an administrative position whose primary focus is the initial creation of claim files and support for the Claims Consultants in the department. In addition, this position is responsible for the oversight and management of the property and casualty office
Essential Functions/Major Assignments:
- Sets up and delivers claim files to consultants using internal claims system
- Applies appropriate coding to claims to accurately reflect claim type
- Assist with staff meetings, SDAO Board and Trust meetings, including but not limited to meeting room set up and clean up, arranging food and beverage service etc.
- Provide overall administrative support for the Property and Casualty Claims division; includes but not limited to greeting visitors, direct phone calls to appropriate parties, mail sorting and distribution etc.
- Maintains procedures and policies for office activities, including but not limited to record maintenance, filing, word processing etc.
- Assists and supports all members of the Property and Casualty Claims team as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- The Claims Services Specialist does not need to analyze problem or concepts or make decisions on the information.
- There is little impact and influence on organization operations, programs, expense, or budgetary outcomes.
- Will perform recurring routine work with regular supervision and generally function from established procedures.
- May occasionally encounter some variations from the norm and are expected to suggest ways for managing such occurrences and will follow provided guidance.
- The Claims Services Specialist has interaction with those inside the organization to exchange factual information.
- Processes and procedures are well defined.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Able to enter client information and claim information accurately and efficiently in the claims processing software
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with members of the Property and Casualty team; strive to meet the needs of the client while building internal relationships; support new efforts and approaches; foster an environment of continuous improvements
- Must have a focus on providing exceptional customer services to both external and internal customers
- Must possess exceptional communication skills; bother verbally and in writing
- Exceptional planning and organizing skills with attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to easily adapt to change
- Must be able to attend training seminars and classes as determined by Property and Casualty Claims Manager
- Must be available and accessible during work hours
Specific Job Effort:
- The Claims Services Specialist has minimal variation in tasks though the incumbent is expected to determine in which order tasks are completed.
- There is minimal physical effort required for this position. Physical effort is limited to such as light lifting, carrying or movement.
- Physical capability involves use of office or equipment with some agilest and hand/eye coordination is needed
Education, Experience, and Certification/Licensure:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ experience related to administrative office support functions
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- This position operates in a professional office environment; Standard work schedule is Monday through Friday during business hours, with little variance without advance notice.
- This position is not eligible to work a hybrid schedule (work from home/in office) which will be determined by current SDAO policy; will be required to be in office daily
- Work environment is indoors with virtually no hazards or obstacles
- Routinely uses standard office equipment, especially computers
- In performance of the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to twenty pounds.
- This position may require minimal travel, within the state of Oregon, including overnight
Appointees will be subject to completion of a standard probationary period.
The essential physical abilities described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skill required of all personnel so classified. This job description is not an employment agreement and/or an expressed or implied employment contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice
Application Instructions: Click Here
Position Application: Click Here
Position Description: Click Here
This position is open until filled.