Bend Park & Recreation District maintains and operates more than 3,035+ acres of developed and undeveloped parkland. That includes 84 parks/open spaces and 75 miles of trail. The district offers over 1,000 recreation programs for all ages and abilities throughout the area and at the Juniper Swim & Fitness Center, The Pavilion and the Larkspur Community Center, Home of the Bend Senior Center. It hosts several community events including the July 4th Festival & Pet Parade and Days of Play.
Photos taken by Bend Park and Recreation District
- Two hikers enjoying the 1,000-acre Shevlin Park, which turned 100 years old as a park in 2021.
- The Pavilion is an open-air ice sheet that hosts ice skating, hockey and curling each year from October to March. Some leagues are so popular, they fill to capacity within 30 minutes of registration opening.
- The Park Steward team leads with educational reminders to park and trail patrons, including how and why leashing dogs is important for safety.
- River surfing arrived in Central Oregon with the opening of the Bend Whitewater Park in 2015. It’s the first of its kind in the Pacific Northwest and is enjoyed by nearly a quarter million river users annually.
- The new Larkspur Community Center, Home to the Bend Senior Center, opened in 2021. The upstairs area of the recreation facility includes a fitness center and walk/jog track with views to the warm-water pool on the first floor. The facility aims to serve a growing older adult demographic as well as community members of all ages with fitness and swim activities