South Clackamas Transportation District - District Manager
Posted: 3/1/2022; Updated: 3/9/2022
Salary: $90,000 to $120,000 DOQ
Location: Molalla, OR
The South Clackamas Transportation District is currently recruiting qualified applicants to fill the position of District Manager.
The South Clackamas Transportation District (SCTD, the District) provides public bus service in Molalla, Oregon with connecting service to Canby and Clackamas Community College in Oregon City, Oregon.
The District is governed by a seven-member Board of Directors that is elected by the District’s voters.
The District Manager position is appointed by the Board of Directors and reports directly to the Board. The District Manager is responsible for management and administration of District activities, including supervision of one additional full-time employee and administration of the District’s transit operations contractor, which operates and maintains the District’s fleet.
Qualifications for the successful applicant include:
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration/accounting or closely related field, and
- Minimum of five years of increasingly responsible management work experience
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- In addition to these minimum qualifications, it is desired the applicant have:
- Advanced education such as a master’s degree in public administration, business administration or finance/accounting, and
- Education or work experience in transit, transportation, planning or municipal government
The District Manager provides oversight of all SCTD activities and is responsible for a wide range of duties in support of SCTD’s mission to provide safe, accessible, convenient, reliable, and efficient transit service that meets the needs of the community it serves. The District Manager has an essential role in supporting SCTD’s commitment to comply with the requirements of Title VI in all its programs and activities, including the provision of transit services.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The individual appointed to this position will possess knowledge, skills and abilities related to transit operations, business management, administration, leadership, and governance of a public agency. The successful candidate will support the Board of Directors in their role of setting the policies and direction of the District and will provide an open and direct flow of information to assist the Board in their decision processes.
The successful applicant will also:
- Have demonstrated experience working with the public and providing excellent customer service.
- Be an excellent communicator and representative of the District.
- Act as a catalyst who can help the Board of Directors, staff, transit operations contractor, and the community to respond to evolving transit service needs of the community.
- Maintain responsibility for establishing and nurturing successful community relations.
- Help SCTD grow and adapt to changing conditions and continue to be a respected provider of transit services in the communities served.
- Be an effective contract and project manager to oversee the District’s agreement for transit operations and fleet maintenance.
- Be a good listener, accessible and open in dealings with District customers, Board members, contractors, and employees of the District.
Salary Range: $90,000 to $120,000 depending on qualifications
The District provides an excellent benefit package including healthcare insurance with medical and dental coverage, employer contribution to a 457(b)-retirement account, paid time off for vacation and holidays, and paid sick leave.
Desired Starting Date: May 1, 2022
Position Application: Click here
Full Position Description: Click here
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and completed application by email or postal service to:
Attention: South Clackamas Transportation District
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 4:00 PM Monday, March 21, 2022.
The application form and position description are available at www.sdao.com