Salary: $85,000 – $95,000 plus a generous benefit package.
Location: Scio, OR
The Scio Fire District is located 30 miles southeast of the state capitol, Salem Oregon, in the mid-Willamette Valley. The District serves a population of approximately 5,000 and covers 101 square miles of rural agricultural and forest lands. The District includes the small, incorporated city of Scio and the unincorporated areas of Crabtree and Bilyeu-Den. It provides fire protection, fire prevention, EMS, Hazmat 1st response, water rescue, wildland coverage and state conflagration deployment with 40 volunteer personnel from three (3) stations. In 2022 there were 500 calls for service -- the majority of calls being medical first response.
This position is the District’s only full-time employee.
Experience and Training:
Accepted Experience and Training:
• A minimum of an Associate degree in fire science, fire service administration, public administration, management, business, public policy, and related fields.
• Minimum of 10 years of full-time experience in the Fire Service
• Minimum of five years of full-time experience as a company officer that clearly demonstrates experience indicative of senior level management capabilities
• Equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
• Bachelor’s degree in fire science, fire service administration, public administration, management, business, public policy, and related fields. OR
• Graduate of National Fire Academy – Executive Fire Officer Program
• NFPA Fire Officer III
• Emergency Medical Technician – Basic
• Experience working with volunteers
• Possess or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid Oregon Driver’s License, insurable by District’s carrier
• Successful completion of medical/psychological exams
• Reside with the 20 minutes of Station 91, Scio Oregon after completion of District’s probation
• Perform all necessary emergency scene functions
Desirable Starting Date: June 1, 2023
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and completed application by email or postal service to:
SCIO Fire District Selection Process
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
Job description and application available at www.sdao.com