Port of Toledo - General Manager
Location: Toledo, Oregon
General Position Summary:
The General Manager for the Port of Toledo is the Port's Chief Executive Officer, responsible for the overall operation and administration of the Port. The General Manager reports directly to the 5-member, publicly elected Port Commission.
The Port of Toledo, founded in 1910, is located on the beautiful central coast of Oregon, approximately 7 miles from Newport, Oregon. The Port encompasses 443 square miles, including Toledo and Siletz's cities, and includes a large area of unincorporated Lincoln County with facilities located along the scenic Yaquina River. With substantial commercial and industrial property holdings, a shipyard, and marine facilities, including marinas for commercial vessels and recreational boating, the Port offers a wide variety of services to develop, promote, and sustain the area's economic vitality. The Port is well-positioned for a multitude of development opportunities and expansion of its recreational facilities.
Education, Experience, Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, or a related field
- Seven years' experience in a senior leadership role managing people, projects, and finances; an equivalent combination of training, education, and understanding, demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the job's essential duties.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The Port offers a generous benefits package including paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; The benefit package includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- $10,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Nationwide 457b Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan
- 10 Days Annual Vacation to start
- 10 Annual Paid Holidays
Desirable Starting Date: January 1, 2021
To learn more about the Port of Toledo, please visit: www.portoftoledo.org
To be considered as a candidate, please submit a completed and signed application, a resume, and a letter of introduction describing why you are interested in the position and how your experience translates to meet the requirements of the position description. Submit by email or postal service to:
Attn. Shanta Carter
Port of Toledo
General Manager Hiring Process
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020 or until position is filled.Port of Toledo Manager Job Description.pdfEmployment Application_Port of Toledo.docx