The Port of The Dalles is soliciting proposals from qualified firms of certified public accountants to audit the Port's financial statements for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2021, with the option of auditing the Port's financial statements for the 4 subsequent fiscal years, for a total of 5 years ending June 30, 2025. Please limit your response to 3 pages, plus any relevant attachments. Your proposal should contain, but not be limited to, the following considerations:
- Eligibility - authorization by the State Board of Accountants to conduct audits.
- Proof that the firm is certified to conduct municipal audits by the Board of Accountancy.
- Experience of your firm conducting municipal audits.
- A list of similar local governments, or pertinent accounts, served by your firm that may be contacted by the Port of The Dalles.
- Your fee proposal to conduct the basic audit function, along with your fee schedule for additional services that may be required beyond the scope of the audit engagement. The proposal should also state that any increase in the audit fee will be immediately disclosed to the Executive Director. This disclosure should include an estimation of the increased fees and the reason for the increase.
- Detail of expenses expected to be incurred, i.e. mileage, per diem, telephone, etc.
- Your proposed staff assignments and availability to complete the audit on a timely basis.
• Participation of senior audit personnel assigned to the engagement.
• Frequency of contact with Port personnel.
• Availability of staff to respond to questions within the scope of the engagement and the hourly charge, if any, for services outside the scope of the audit.
- Audit firm staff stability history - what assurances can you provide the Port regarding the assignment of your permanent personnel to the engagement.
- Procedures used to transmit audit adjustments, management recommendations, etc. to the Port.
- Outline your steps in a typical municipal audit, including timeline.
- Audit firm to deliver up to 7 printed and bound copies of annual report, one un-bound hard copy, and an electronic version.
- Audit firm will present the final audit and findings to the Port Commission.
- Please provide an example of a previous audit that was completed in the prior year for an entity similar to the Port of The Dalles.
The final decision of the selection of the firm to conduct the audit will be made by the Port Commission. The final agreement will be in the form of a written contract following the standard agreement form used by CPA firms conducting audits.
All questions and correspondence should be directed to Andrea Klaas in writing to 3636 Klindt Drive, The Dalles, OR. 97058 or by email: email@example.com.
We will look forward to receiving your proposals on or before April 30, 2021.Port of The Dalles RFP Auditing Services 2021.pdf