ACEC (American Council of Engineering Companies of Oregon)
5319 SW Westgate Drive, Suite 224
Portland OR 97221
ACWA (Oregon Association of Clean Water Agencies)
107 SE Washington Suite 242
Portland, OR 97214
Traffic Safety Management Training
AlertDriving.com provides web-based traffic safety management training programs in an effort to help reduce accidents and violations while eliminating classroom-scheduling issues all at a fraction of the cost of traditional training. Drivers learn defensive backing, parking, dealing with blind spots, intersection perils, defensive highway driving, dealing with road rage issues, corporate fleet safety and how to drive 15 passenger vans among others.
| Website |
Visit BOLI's website for more information on the many technical assistance seminars they offer, including:
- Annual Conference
- Coaching, Documentation and Discipline
- Developing an Employee Handbook
- Documentation, Discipline, Discharge
- Effective Supervisory Practices
- Employee Supervision: A 2-Day Basic Training
- Employer's Guide to Civil Rights & Workplace Harassment
- Filing an Effective Third Party PWR Complaint
- Free informational seminar covering SB 1045 and other recent law changes
- Leave Laws in Oregon: A 2-Day Trianing
- Leave Laws in Oregon: Basics of OFLA & FMLA
- Leave Laws in Oregon: Advanced OFLA, FMLA, and Other Leave Laws
- Life of a Workers' Compensation Claim
- New Supervisor Training Series
- OCCR Meeting
- Oregon Family Leave Act
- Payroll Issues
- Policywriting Guidelines to Develop an Employee Handbook
- Prevailing Wage Rate Laws for Contractors
- Recordkeeping Requirements
- Understanding and Avoiding Workplace Harassment
- Wage and Hour Laws
| Website | Technical Assistance Seminars |
Building Codes Division
You can register for Oregon's Building Codes Division trainings on their website
To learn more about Bullard law educational programs visit their website: www.bullardlaw.com
Subscribe to Bullard eAlerts
Clackamas Community College
Clackamas Community College periodically offers landscaping classes which may be of interest to our park and recreation district members.
Contact Loretta Mills at 503-594-3292 for additional information.
CLMI Safety Training Programs
Comprehensive Loss Management Inc. (CLMI) provides online, CD-ROM and video based safety-training programs on a variety of topics both in English and Spanish. CLMI is dedicated to helping entities reduce their losses and claims while improving productivity and compliance.
| Website |
Oregon GOSH Conference
For more information visit the GOSH Conference website. Or, click here to download the application packet.
HR Answers, Inc
Regularly scheduled "HR Lunch Bunch" events cover a wide variety of topics. Learn more about these and other valuable training opportunities on their Upcoming Events page.
League of Oregon Cities
Oregon Local Leadership Institute (OLLI) Workshops
The League of Oregon Cities offers workshops through the Oregon Local Leadership Institute (OLLI). These workshops are offered throughout Oregon and are designed to serve cities, counties (through co-sponsorship arrangements with the Association of Oregon Counties, City County Insurance Services, and Oregon Department of Transportation) and other local governments that wish to participate. Our goal is to provide quality training to public officials in regional settings throughout the state at the lowest possible price.
Click here for a current catalog of Oregon Local Leadership Institute trainings being offered around the state.
- Coaching Great Performance: Developing a Winning Team
- Fall Supervisor Trianing: Transitioning from Team Member to Team Leader
- Grant Writing Basics
- Media Relations Training and Crisis Communcation Strategies
- Municipal Budgeting 101
- Safety Committee Training
Visit www.orcities.org for more information about these trainings or to register.
Local Government Management Certificate (LGMC) Program:
The League of Oregon Cities (LOC) is offering a Local Government Management Certificate (LGMC) through the Oregon Local Leadership Institute (OLLI) to local government officials who successfully complete a prescribed amount of training in ten core areas. LOC and its advisory committee have determined knowledge and skills in these areas to be critical elements required for success in local government management.
Requirements for each core area can be met by participating in a variety of training and professional development activities that are deemed appropriate to cover the topics required to fully understand each core area.
Oregon Local Leadership Institute (OLLI)
League Of Oregon Cities
Phone: 800-452-0338 | 503-588-6550
National Ground Water Association
To learn more about the many NGWA educational programs, click here or call 800-551-7379.
Oregon Association of Water Utilities
For information about upcoming training opportunities visit the OAWU Website.
If you are interested in being considered to speak at any of OAWU's conference, please submit a completed Future Speaker Form to OAWU, 935 N Main St, Independence OR 97351 or fax to 503-837-1213.
Oregon Government Ethics Commission
- iLearn Oregon Education/Training
iLearnOregon is an enterprise learning management system that offers a dynamic, online training environment. With iLearnOregon the State can deliver and track online training, reduce training expenditures related to student/instructor travel and facility costs, and reduce training waste. iLearnOregon offers training that is just in time and just what is needed. Regardless if you are a public official or a private citizen, anyone with an e-mail address has the ability to log on and use iLearnOregon to register and take courses. There is no cost to register with iLearnOregon.
- On-site Training
- Trainers are available to present training sessions or workshops throughout the state on government ethics law, lobbying regulations, and executive session provisions at no cost. For more information or to request an on-site training session/workshop, please call 503-378-5105 or contact us by email.
- SEI Webinar
- Do you have questions about filling out your SEI? This 45 minutes class offers step-by-step instructions on how to complete the Annual Verified Statement of Economic Interest (SEI) form. Find out who has to file, what does not need to be reported on your SEI, what the two most common mistakes are. Ask questions you might have and hear questions asked by others.
Class size is limited, so please contact the Oregon Government Ethics Commission to reserve your space. Call 503-378-5105 or contact us by email.
In addition, a recording of the training will be available for review at any time. You are welcome to email OGEC and request the link to the recording.
| OGEC Education/Training Website | A Guide for Public Officials |
ORPA (Oregon Recreation & Park Association)
Visit www.orpa.org for information about upcoming trainings.
The majority of OR-OSHA in-person trainings have been eliminated. Summer classes are still being conducted though. A full schedule of free training opportunities statewide is available on the web. Online OR-OSHA classes are another great tool districts can utilize to ensure training is received without the cost of travel.
Visit the OSHA Website for more information.
Visit pace.osba.org for information about training opportunities.
- City County Insurance Services (CIS)
- CIS Master Training Schedule
- Oregon School Boards Association (OSBA)
- For conservation and fire districts: United States Department of Agriculture