Salary: $62,400 to $72,800 DOE
Location: Netarts, OR
Netarts Water District would like to talk to you if you would like a career opportunity in a beautiful location that offers all kinds of recreational opportunities for your time off or retirement. If you enjoy fishing everything from river, bay, ocean, and shellfish are local. Elk, deer, and bear abound. Skiing, snowboarding, and mountain sports are within easy distance. Off-roading, mountain biking, surfing, hiking, and walking on the beach are also local. Nearby Tillamook offers a Community College, YMCA, Hospital, Restaurants and shopping as well as the Tillamook Creamery and Werner’s or Tillamook Smoker. Portland and Salem are only about an hour and a half away if you prefer more sophisticated entertainment or if you are concerned about larger medical facilities.
Immediate Opening for a full-time, experienced, Water Treatment and Distribution Operator for a community water system. Boots on the ground position. Job entails operation and maintenance of 1050 hookup water system as well as supervision of assistant operator(s). DRC for the water district which extends from just north of Cape Lookout, through Netarts, and into Oceanside.
- Minimum Qualifications: Possess an Oregon Level II Water Distribution Certification, Oregon Level II Water Treatment Certification and Filtration Endorsement. Have or obtain Cross Connection Specialist certification within one year.
- A valid Oregon Driver’s license and clean driving record. Successfully pass a drug/alcohol screening and background check.
- Desired Qualifications: 3-5 years of positive performance in the municipal drinking water industry
Compensation and Benefits: $62,400 to $72,800 salary with appropriate certifications - DOQ/DOE. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, sick leave, 10 paid holidays, vacation, group life insurance, and participation in the OPSRP Retirement System.
- Capable of operation and maintenance of treatment plant and distribution system equipment
- Perform scheduled and emergency repair of pipes, valves, and hydrants
- Budgeting and purchasing for district
- Apply critical thinking skills and serve as part of a high-functioning team
- Supervise assistant operator
- Able to lead work groups and responsible for team outcomes
- Ability to interpret computer data, maintain records, file OHA DWS reports
- Keep district OSHA compliant
- Attend all board meetings
- Model superior internal and external customer service
- Work outside in poor weather conditions and serve after-hours on-call or in emergency situations; perform manual labor duties, including lifting 50 pounds
To Apply: Send letter of interest and resume to (firstname.lastname@example.org); mail PO Box 50, Netarts OR 97143; visit 4970 Crab Avenue W., Netarts. (503) 842-9405 NWD is an equal opportunity employer.
Open until filled.