Salary: Up to $7,500 monthly for approx. 6 months
Location: Lakeview, OR
Enjoy small town living while making a significant difference in library services! Lake County Library District seeks an independent contractor to provide Interim Library Director services beginning immediately for a 6-month term or through the end of FY 2021-22. Lakeview, Oregon, is a small south-central Oregon town with excellent access to the outdoors year-round. Enjoy skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, mountain biking, and/or fishing in our beautiful high desert and mixed conifer mountains.
The Interim Library Director will serve as the District’s Executive Officer, overseeing all aspects of library operations including financial management, collection management, program development, support group and community relations, oversight of library building and grounds, and maintenance. Additional specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as secretary to and executes the will of the Library Board, including:Meeting with the Board in regular and special meetingsTogether with the Board President, creating the agendaProviding written reports and making presentations to the Board regarding library business and activitiesWorking with the Library Board to develop and execute short- and long-term plansAssist with recruitment and selection of a new permanent Library Director.
- Supervising 3.7 FTE library personnel (11 persons), including scheduling, performance evaluation at least annually or more frequently as needed, and disciplinary actions when required. Hire staff as needed for openings.
- Serving District’s Budget Officer, including developing the annual library budget and monitoring library expenditures to ensure they are within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain all records, including financial records, in accordance with local, state, and federal laws.
Contractor must have the following relevant experience and skills:
- Experience managing a public entity in Oregon. Public library management experience and special district management experience preferred.
- Experience with developing and monitoring an annual budget under Oregon Local Budget Law. Experience building staffing models and forecasting expenses for a small organization.
- Experience with hiring and supervision of staff.
- Experience with developing and executing short term and long-term organizational plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and other people skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail
The library has budgeted $7,500 for monthly service contract fees for the duration of the contract. To apply for the contract, submit a proposal including cover letter, resume for the principal for the project, and three references to:
Mary Baker, Board President
Questions about the position may also be directed to the Board President above. Review of proposals begins immediately. Download this information: https://bit.ly/Interim_Director