Keno RFPD - Fire Chief
Salary: $85,000 – $95,000 plus a competitive benefit package.
Location: Keno, OR
The Keno Fire District is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Fire Chief.
Keno Fire District provides fire and EMS emergency response and transport services to an area of 44 sq. miles and a population of approximately 4000.
The current Fire Chief is retiring after nearly 40 years with the district, and the Board is seeking a Fire Chief who will continue the excellent relationships the district now enjoys with the personnel and community, as well as state and federal partners. The district has secured various grants over the years to use toward fuels reduction in the community, purchasing equipment, and recruiting and training new volunteers. Keno Fire District has also spearheaded several county and state-wide projects to help improve both structural and wildland firefighting capabilities. The district is well-financed and proud of their effective use of public funds.
Keno is located in Southern Oregon in the beautiful Klamath Basin. With the Klamath River flowing through the district, it is a sportsman’s paradise and recreational opportunities abound. Affordable housing, hobby farms, and beautiful timbered mountains add to the small-town quality of life. Keno is located just 10 miles from all the services available in Klamath Falls and driving a few more hours in various directions will take you to the beach, city, desert, lakes or mountains.
If you are an experienced fire service professional, with strong ICS and wildland background, who would enjoy living and working in a smaller rural area where quality of life and working effectively with a proactive board is important, please consider applying.
Experience and Training:
- A minimum of an associate degree in fire science, fire service administration, public administration, management, business, public policy, and related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Fire Service
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience that clearly demonstrates experience indicative of senior level management capabilities
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Emergency Medical Technician – Basic, within first year of employment
- Bachelor’s degree in fire science, fire service administration, public administration, management, business, public policy, related field. OR
- Graduate of National Fire Academy – Executive Fire Officer Program
- NFPA Fire Officer III
- Experience working with volunteers
- Possess or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid Oregon Driver’s License, insurable by District’s carrier
- Successful completion of medical/psychological exams
- Within the first year of employment, establish and maintain residence within the fire district, within 10 minutes of Station one.
- Demonstrate ability to perform all necessary emergency scene functions
Desired start date: May 1, 2023
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and completed application by email or postal service to:
Keno Fire Chief Selection Process
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Application Deadline: February 24, 2023Fire Chief Position Description Adopted 4-13-22.docxEmployment Application_Keno Rural Fire Protection District.docx