Jackson Soil and Water Conservation District – Education and Outreach Coordinator
Location: Central Point, OR
This is a full-time, at will, exempt position. This position is generally a 40-hour work week. This position exists to provide and coordinate education and outreach projects for the District. This includes working with adults, students, District staff and other agencies on program development and delivery.
A complete position description, including position requirements, is available on our website at jswcd.org.
- Coordinate the District’s youth and adult education/outreach efforts related to workshops, classes, tours, camps, fairs, and seminars etc., as well as supporting other agency partner’s educational activities.
- Write, edit, and/or coordinate the development of District communication materials, including press releases, fact sheets, newsletters, brochures, Power Point presentations, fliers, guidebooks, etc.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher with major course work in communication, natural sciences, natural resource management, agriculture sciences, agriculture education, or related discipline.
- Grant Management.
- Be proficient in modern communication technology and software, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite.
- Have some experience with managing business social media, website, and large email lists, with familiarity with graphic design elements.
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills. *Preference will be given to applicants who are bi-lingual in Spanish and English.
This position is under the supervision of the District Manager. This position acts on behalf of the District Manager and the District Board of Directors, within the authority delegated by the Board and is governed by the policies of District. Benefits Starting Salary: $46,596.00/annually DOE Health Insurance: Stipend from the District Retirement: The District will automatically contribute 3% and will match the employee’s contribution, up to a maximum of 7%, of the employee’s gross salary, in retirement benefits
Vacation and sick leave commiserate with service. Hire contingent upon:
- Satisfactory Driving Record
- Clean Background Check
- Clean Drug and Alcohol Screening
Tentative: November 1, 2021
Application Packet Requirements:
- Three (3) different letters of reference (all 3 must be included in packet)
- Written explanation of how you meet the position requirements (see Position Description on website)
- Only applications that are complete when submitting will be considered.
All application materials must be sent to Markie Germer at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday, September 30th. Subject line: [Applicant Last Name], Ed & Outreach
Application Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Mid-October, 2021.
Civil rights: This position will perform in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws for equal employment and other requirements of civil rights statutes.