The House and Senate are in recess this week, however, numerous House committees and subcommittees will be holding virtual hearings and markups.
Several Cabinet members this week will testify to House Appropriations subcommittees to speak about President Joe Biden’s fiscal year 2022 budget outline to Congress, including Attorney General Merrick Garland, Education Secretary Miguel Cardona, Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, and Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo.
When the Senate returns to Washington next week, the chamber will consider Andrea Palm to be Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services and Cynthia Marten to be Deputy Secretary of Education.
President Biden will speak on Tuesday about the pandemic response and vaccination campaign. On Wednesday, he will speak about the implementation of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (P.L. 117-2). He will hit the road again on Thursday, heading to Lake Charles, Louisiana to speak about the American Jobs Plan “and its investments in water infrastructure,” and will tour the Carrollton Water Plant in New Orleans. On Friday, Biden will speak about the economy and travel to Camp David where he’ll stay for the weekend.
- Biden Tells Congress His Administration Is ‘Delivering Real Results’ READ MORE
- Biden Unveils Massive Family Aid Plan Funded by Taxing Rich READ MORE
- Leahy tees up return of earmarks in Senate spending bills READ MORE
- Earmark requests headed for scrutiny as deadline approaches READ MORE
- Senate passes bipartisan $35B water infrastructure bill READ MORE
- Senate Votes to Restore Regulations on Climate-Warning Methane Emissions READ MORE
- Senate confirms Janet McCabe as deputy EPA chief READ MORE
- Senate Confirms OMB Deputy Director for Management READ MORE
- Senate Confirms Bill Nelson as NASA’s New Leader READ MORE
- Biden’s Pentagon policy chief Colin Kahl confirmed with GOP senators absent READ MORE
- Samantha Power confirmed to lead US Agency for International Development READ MORE
- Biden Signs Executive Order to Promote Collective Bargaining READ MORE
- Biden Orders $15 Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors READ MORE
- Biden, Republicans Set Talks Over Competing Infrastructure Plans READ MORE
- Biden’s Expansive Infrastructure Plan Hits Close to Home for McConnell READ MORE
- US marks slowest population growth since the Depression READ MORE
- Biden administration to return Trump’s border wall money to Pentagon accounts READ MORE
- Biden’s border wall funding freeze under review READ MORE
- Justice Department ends Trump-era limits on grants to ‘sanctuary cities’ READ MORE
- Tim Scott optimistic about Congress’ progress on police reform READ MORE
- CDC says many Americans can now go outside without a mask READ MORE