Salary: $37,440 - $49,920
Location: Roseburg, OR
Douglas County Fire District No. 2 is seeking a highly qualified business professional for the position of Accounting Administrative Clerk for Douglas County Fire District No. 2.
NATURE OF WORK
This position is responsible for support to the financial, administrative, and operational functions within Douglas County Fire District No 2. The position will perform a variety of financial, and general office/administrative functions assisting the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Fire Chief, Battalion Chief, and Officers in the support and coordination of duties assigned. Work is performed with independence in accordance with practices and District policies and procedures, under the direction and supervision of the CFO.
Primary duties include assisting the CFO with accounts payable, budget, purchasing functions, monitoring and tracking contracts, payroll, managing and monitoring accounts receivable ambulance billing functions, assisting with cost recovery, and other accounting functions, assisting administrative officers with their work flow, mailings, project preparations and coordination, Board meeting agendas, managing front office duties, filing, organizing, public relations and all other duties as assigned.
The Accounting Administrative Clerk will assist and act in a confidential capacity to District Officers.
This position is a confidential classified employee and is not part of the bargaining unit.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Planning, coordinating and managing front office duties including maintenance and upkeep of files, filing, organization and other department administration as needed. Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects effectively and efficiently while meeting deadlines.
- Assist CFO with annual budget preparation, monthly monitoring and create/maintain financial reports as needed. Maintain knowledge and understanding of budget line items.
- Assist CFO with annual audit and financial statement preparation.
- Possess analytical skills necessary to gather and interpret policy, data and resolve moderately complex problems.
- Assist CFO with payroll administration, monthly payroll processing, benefit and deduction reconciliation, leave accrual administration and other payroll duties.
- Organize and archive old or inactive files according to records retention requirements.
- Assist CFO with preparing accounts payable, maintaining vendor records, reconcile credit card statements. Maintain department petty cash.
- Prepare accounts receivable invoices and monitor receipts with oversight from CFO.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Assist CFO with procedures and documentation.
- Ability to reconcile accounting transactions, understanding of governmental assets, liabilities, fund balance, revenue and expense accounts.
- Assist CFO with human resources functions, maintaining employee files, assisting with employee benefits, benefit changes and administration of annual open enrollment.
- Review and process ambulance transports to billing company. Monitor and manage ambulance billing receivables and write-offs, review collections and submit to CFO for approval. Assist external billing company to ensure fiscal oversight on outstanding balances and maximization of EMS revenues. Work with other agencies, insurance companies and patients to resolve outstanding balances and collections. Assist with cost recovery analysis, research, information gathering and communications.
- Purchasing coordination, monitor and track contracts, maintain requisition files and purchase orders for department materials and supplies, maintain receiving files and ensure District compliance with Oregon Purchasing Laws and regulations. Plan for and recommend the purchase of necessary office supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate with Courier purchasing, monitoring and coordination of station supplies.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels and solicit quotes and volume discounts.
- Arrange meetings, schedule appointments, complete travel arrangements and maintain calendars. Prepare necessary correspondence, records and reports.
- Types and compose general correspondence, resolutions, summaries, advertisements, contracts, forms, reports, letters, memos, notices and other materials as required.
- Policy/SOP/SOG coordination and update.
- Attend meetings and prepare minutes.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality of payroll records, personnel records, files, benefits, and all confidential medical records, EMS, injury/accident reports and all other confidential information.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel, officers, government agencies, elected officials and the public.
- Respond to public records requests.
- Understand and interpret department policies.
- Ability to adapt to and work successfully within a chain of command concept.
College credits and classes in accounting, finance, or public/business administration is highly encouraged. Minimum of four years progressive responsibility in office administration and account.
Satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training which ensures ability to perform the work will be reviewed and considered for the above requirement.
Knowledge of local, state and federal laws preferred.
Experience in payroll administration, accounts payable, and knowledge in the administrative components of benefit programs.
Must be a self-starter, have great initiative and be highly motivated. This position normally has no subordinate staff, and all functions will be completed by the Accounting Administrative Clerk.
Ability to manage multiple tasks in an office environment, prioritize assignments and meet established deadlines, understand oral and written instructions, make decisions in accordance with District policies and procedures.
Thorough knowledge of accounting, Microsoft office products, budgeting, banking and treasury management in a government setting. Familiar with accounting software (Springbrook preferable). Ability to learn and work with additional software. Must be able to maintain accurate accounts receivable, payroll records, benefits, deductions and accounts payable.
Thorough knowledge of the governmental accounting principles, methods and practices of public finance, accounting and budgeting; state, federal and local laws as well as regulations pertaining to areas of responsibility and principles and practices of personnel administration.
Communicate effectively both oral and written.
Application packets must include documents as specified, i.e. Cover Letter, District Application, Resume, Educational Degrees.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will only be accepted in person, via regular mail, or electronically via email; faxed applications will be rejected without notification.
Application and Veteran’s form can be found online at www.dcfd.org under the job openings link or can be picked up in person at 1400 Buckhorn Rd. Roseburg Oregon. Applications will not be mailed.
Submit a completed application packet by December 10, 2021, at 4:00 pm (PST), and include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Completed and Signed Fire District Application
- Veterans Preference Form and DD-214/DD-215 if applicable (Veteran’s Only)
- Copy of Educational Degrees or Training Certificates
Send electronic application packets to email@example.com
All documents sent via email must be in PDF format. Word documents will not be accepted. Emailed application packets will receive a confirmation reply.
Hard copy application packets may be mailed or delivered to:
Douglas County Fire District No. 2
Attn: Jessica Hansen, CFO
1400 Buckhorn Rd.
Roseburg, OR 97470