Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue - Shift Captain/Paramedic
Salary: $48,160 - $58,538 (DOE)
Location: Crooked River Ranch, OR
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Crooked River Ranch Rural Fire Protection District is currently
recruiting to fill a position for a Shift Captain/Paramedic.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This individual functions as the assigned shift’s Commanding Officer, maintains station, discipline of subordinates, exercises full supervision over assigned personnel and enhances District morale. Responds to emergency incidents, places personnel and equipment at the emergency incident scene and supervises the District’s emergency activities. The Career Captain will take command of the scene until relieved by a superior ranking officer. This candidate will supervise the activities of the station including the general maintenance of the station, apparatus, equipment, and quarters. Performs and supervises the assigned shift’s training, fire prevention, and emergency incident activities. Routine duties are performed independently. This position may entail other supervisory
activities as assigned by the current Fire Chief.
This position will start on or around December 5th, 2022. All applications will be evaluated and scored based on the Districts criteria. After evaluation and scoring each candidate, the District will invite the top twenty (20) candidates with the highest passing scores to participate in a written medical exam/scenario-based test and assessment center. For more information about the position and the fire district, please visit www.crrfire.org.
BASE SALARY: $48,160 – $58,538 (depending on experience)
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for employee and immediate family paid by the District
- Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), with 6% contribution paid
- by the District)
- HRA/VEBA medical contribution by the District.
- Ten percent tuition discount from Columbia Southern University
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- MASA Medical Transport Solutions Program
- Long-Term Disability and Group/Accidental Death Insurance
- Nationwide Deferred Compensation offered
- AFLAC Insurance offered
DISTRICT DEMOGRAPHICS: Crooked River Ranch is an unincorporated area of southern Jefferson County, in Central Oregon. We are a thriving and growing area for all outdoor enthusiast, which offers a variety of hiking trails, rivers, wineries, skiing, golf, and water sports. We are surrounded by the Crooked River National Grasslands and the Bureau of Land Management. The fire district was established in 1977 and originally staffed entirely by volunteers. Today we are a full-service combination district of six full-time staff (Fire Chief, Administrative Assistant, three Captain/Paramedics, and one Firefighter/Paramedic) with
nineteen volunteers. Services we provide are structural and wildland fire protection, rope
rescue, advanced and basic life support medical response and transport.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY:
- Must possess an Oregon Driver’s License
- Associates degree
- Oregon Paramedic upon appointment
- Three (3) years’ experience as a career Firefighter/Paramedic in a
- combination or career fire service
- NFPA FF II Certification
- NFPA Fire & Emergency Services Instructor I
- NWCG Wildland Firefighter Type II
- NFPA Fire Apparatus Equipped with Fire Pump (Pumper Operator)
- Able to obtain NFPA Fire Officer I within 6 months of hire date
- Able to obtain NWCG Single Resource Boss – Engine and NFPA Rope Rescue – Operations Level within 12 months of hire date
- Previous experience as a company officer supervising career and volunteer
- NFPA Fire Officer II
- NFPA Wildland Fire Apparatus Operator
- NFPA Mobile Water Supply (Tender) Operator
- NFPA Fire & Emergency Services Instructor II or higher
- NFPA Rope Rescue – Technician Level
- NWCG Strike Team – Engine or Taskforce Leader
November 9th, 2022 Application Due by 5:00 pm
November 14th, 2022 Candidates passing the application process will be invited to the written and scenario-based test and assessment center.
November 15th, 2022 Candidates passing the testing process and assessment center will move on to final interview with the Fire Chief.
December 5th, 2022 Target start date, contingent upon a successful background check, drug screening and physical.
Additional information including requesting an application can be obtained by contacting
Administration by phone at 541-923-6776 or email at email@example.com, or an online
application is available by visiting our website at www.crrfire.org.