KEY RFP DATES
ISSUED: September 23, 2021
PROPOSAL DUE: Thursday, October 7
INTERVIEW FINALISTS: Thursday, October 14
CONTRACT AWARD: Wednesday, October 21
The Coos County Area Transportation District (CCATD), is soliciting proposals from qualified firms to provide General Management Services. The duration of the contract will be three years with the option by CCATD to renew for up to two additional one-year periods.
Requests for Proposals should be submitted to
Coos County Area Transportation District c/o Jane Welhouse Stebbins
PO Box 1006
North Bend, OR 97459 Attn: RFP #MGMT 9-9-21
Request for Proposals must be submitted and received by CCATD no later than 4 pm PST October 7, 2021
Included in the information submitted should be:
- The firm’s areas of expertise
- Experience of the firm
- Proposed fee structure
- The name and address of the primary contact person at your organization
Proposers must state whether or not they are a resident bidder, as defined in ORS 279.029, and must also confirm that they will comply with all applicable laws when carrying out the contract. A proposer interested in providing a General Manager may submit a single response to the Request for Proposal. Economy of presentation is emphasized.
CCATD reserves the right to accept or reject any and all Proposals or any item or part thereof, or to waive any informalities or irregularities in proposals. CCATD shall have the sole discretion to determine the most responsive and responsible Proposal.
Should further information or clarification be needed, please contact:
Jane Welhouse Stebbins Attorney for CCATD
(541) 756-2066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SCOPE OF WORK
The Coos County Area Transportation District is a Public Transportation Special District formed in 2019 and serves Coos County, Oregon. CCATD is funded through fare revenue, state and federal grants, advertising and other miscellaneous revenue. The Board of Directors is the policy making body of CCATD. The Board consists of seven elected officers. The term of office of each Board member is four years. The Board is comprised of the Board Chair and Vice Chair elected on a biennial basis from among the members. The officers and five other members, provide policy guidance to the General Manager.
Typical Duties (not exhaustive)
- Direct and oversee the business and operations of the Coos County Area Transit District
- Administer transit operating contracts, including direction and supervision of operations, financial matters, and performance
- Administer and implement transit capital programs
- Plan, develop, and implement various transit marketing programs
- Monitor performance of the transit system
- Work with local agencies to provide efficient public transportation services
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- See the Contracted General Manager Job Description for additional information.
Evaluation consideration will include the following:
- Public Transportation management expertise and experience.
- Experience managing similar systems
- Experience working with a board of directors
CCATD’s Evaluation Committee will review Proposals in accordance with the selection criteria set forth. The three selection criteria shall be given equal weight by the Evaluation Committee. CCATD may conduct discussions with those firms it deems to be the most competitive. CCATD reserves the right to accept the most favorable initial Proposals. The Evaluation Committee will make recommendations to the Board of Directors on the basis of the above criteria. The Board of Directors has the discretion and responsibility to make the final selection.
Acceptance, Rejection, and Reservation of Rights
Selection will be made by letter of award, and the firm selected will enter into a contract with CCATD. CCATD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any or all Proposals.
In determining the most responsive Proposals, CCATD reserves the right to take into consideration any or all information supplied by the firms or obtained by CCATD in its investigation into the experience and qualifications of the firms.
Visit our website for more information.