Location: St. Helens, OR
Position Posting – Vegetation Management Operator
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing CRPUD’s mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing safe, reliable power to our community and exceptional service to our internal and external customers. All employees are also expected to maintain a high level of trust, integrity, and ethical standards.
Mulch under powerlines, assist and support the tree trimming crews who are trimming and clearing trees and brush away from overhead power lines, and dispose of brush by chipping and hauling away.
Assist Journeyman Lineman in the construction and maintenance of the PUD’s electrical system.
How to Apply
You may visit our office in Deer Island to pick up an application packet, call us at (503) 397-1844 to have an application packet mailed to you, or download a complete application packet on our website at www.crpud.net/jobs.
Complete and submit a CRPUD Employment Application, the Supplemental Questions for the Vegetation Management Operator position, and Veteran’s Preference (as applicable) to:
Human Resources Department
Columbia River PUD
PO Box 1193
St. Helens, OR 97051
Fax: (503) 397-5215
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
If you require accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Human Resources at (503) 397-1844. Columbia River PUD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status or activity in accordance with applicable law. Veteran’s preference is available by completing the Veteran’s Preference Form and providing the required supporting documentation.
Education and Experience –
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in excavation and operating heavy equipment such as forklifts, backhoes, excavators, dump trucks, etc., and other equipment such as chainsaws and chippers; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Class “A” commercial driver’s license with airbrake restriction removed. Other driving-related requirements may apply depending on the nature and scope of responsibilities associated with driving on behalf of CRPUD.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in excavation and operating heavy equipment such as forklifts, backhoes, excavators, dump trucks, etc., and other equipment such as chainsaws and chippers; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year basic mechanic experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Drug and alcohol test will be required prior to employment and on a random basis thereafter.
- Physical capacity testing and a pre-employment physical required prior to employment.
- Live or relocate within a 45-minute drive time of the PUD headquarters.
- Obtain and maintain Flagging Card.
- Obtain and maintain Forklift Certification.
- Obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Obtain and maintain Competent Person Trench Excavation and Confined Space Certification.
$33.66 per hour during six month introductory period
$37.40 per hour after six month introductory period
Thursday, August 25, 2022 by 5:30 p.m.