Salary: $37.13/hr during six month introductory period, $41.25/hr after introductory period
Location: St. Helens, OR
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing CRPUD’s mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing safe, reliable power to our community and exceptional service to our internal and external customers. All employees are also expected to maintain a high level of trust, integrity, and ethical standards.
Ensure vehicles and equipment are working efficiently, safely, and in accordance with all federal, state, and local regulations and manufacturer’s recommendations by performing highly skilled mechanical work in the repair, maintenance, and overhaul of gasoline, diesel, electric and hybrid vehicles, construction equipment, aerial devices (bucket trucks and digger derrick trucks), trailers, and other power and non-power equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five or more years’ experience in the repair, overhaul, and maintenance of a variety of light, medium, and heavy construction vehicles and heavy power equipment; and completion of recognized automotive and diesel apprenticeship program, or graduation from a recognized automotive or truck mechanic vocational program, including military training, or ASE Master Automotive and Medium/Heavy Truck Technician Certification, or AA in Automotive and Diesel Mechanics; or an equivalent level of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Class “A” commercial driver’s license with airbrake restriction removed. Other driving-related requirements may apply depending on the nature and scope of responsibilities associated with driving on behalf of CRPUD.
- Ten or more years’ experience in the repair, overhaul, and maintenance of a variety of light, medium, and heavy construction vehicles and heavy power equipment.
- Welding certification.
- Fabrication experience.
- Relevant Altec and Terex Certifications
- Hydraulic Hose Assembly Certification
- Drug and alcohol test will be required prior to employment and on a random basis thereafter.
- Physical capacity testing and a pre-employment physical required prior to employment.
- Live within a 45-minute drive time of the PUD headquarters.
- Obtain and maintain Flagging Card.
- Obtain and maintain Forklift Certification.
- Obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Obtain and maintain Welding Certification.
- Obtain and maintain relevant Altec and Terex Certifications.
- Obtain and maintain Fluid Power Hydraulic Mechanic Certification.
- Memorandum to Applicants – Mechanic
- Job Description – Mechanic
- Veteran’s Preference (as applicable)
- CRPUD Employment Application
- Supplemental Questions (pdf) – Mechanic – Please see note below
- Supplemental Questions (Word) – Mechanic
- Additional Materials for Applicants
Note: Some web browsers don’t display fillable pdf forms correctly. If you see a message that says “Please Wait…” instead of seeing the supplemental questions, right-click on the link and save the file to your computer, then open it in Adobe Reader.
How to Apply
Please visit www.crpud.net/jobs to complete and submit a CRPUD Employment Application, the Supplemental Questions for the Mechanic Position, Veteran’s Preference (if applicable) to:
Human Resources Department
Columbia River PUD
P.O. Box 1193
St. Helens, OR 97051
Fax: (503) 397-5215
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
If you require accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Human Resources at (503) 397-1844. Columbia River PUD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status or activity in accordance with applicable law. Veteran’s preference is available by completing the Veteran’s Preference Form and providing the required supporting documentation.
$37.13 per hour during six month introductory period
$41.25 per hour after six month introductory period
Tuesday, December 28, 2021 by 5:30 p.m.