Columbia River P.U.D. - General Manager
Location: Deer Island, Oregon
Salary: $190,000 - $220,000 DOE
In accordance with the statutory requirements of ORS 261.445, this position is appointed by the Board of Directors, and shall be held by an experienced executive with administrative ability, for an indefinite period of time. This position shall serve as Chief Administrative Officer of the people’s utility district, shall have control of administrative functions of the District, and shall be responsible to the Board for the efficient administration of all affairs of the District placed in charge of this position, in conformance with ORS 261.445.
As the Chief Executive of CRPUD, this position will work independently and collaboratively with others, and will play an integral role in executing the PUD’s mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing safe, reliable power to our community, and exceptional service to our internal and external customers. This position shares responsibility with other members of the executive team for establishing and encouraging a dynamic, high-functioning, and engaged environment that fosters a safe and healthy work culture.
This position provides visible and confident leadership while ensuring the safe, efficient, and effective utilization of personnel, equipment, and contractors. They will set and enforce high standards for performance, professionalism, integrity, and business ethics. They will also lead, inform, empower, and motivate CRPUD personnel to meet or exceed identified utility strategic plans and goals. As expected of all employees, this position shall maintain a high level of trust, integrity, and ethical standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Engineering, Finance, or other relevant field, plus five (5) or more years of management level utility experience with proven success in project management, budgeting, leading, and mentoring workforce; or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet the minimum performance expectations for this position.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, with prior experience in Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, database programs, and report generation processes.
- Valid driver’s license. Other driving-related requirements may apply depending on the nature and scope of responsibilities associated with driving on behalf of CRPUD.
- Master's Degree in Public Administration or Business Management.
- Ten (10) years’ combined experience in all facets of power utility operations, including demonstrated ability to interface with governmental organizations, consumer groups, business groups, trade associations, and a Board of Directors.
You may download a complete application packet on our website at www.crpud.net/jobs, visit our office in Deer Island to pick up an application packet, or call us at (503) 397-1844 to have an application packet mailed to you.
Complete and submit the CRPUD Employment Application, the Supplemental Questions for the General Manager position, and Veteran’s Preference (as applicable) to:
Jacobs Strategic Group
4249 SW Chesapeake Ave
Portland, OR 97239
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Application deadline: June 1, 2020 by 5:00pm.